HELP! I can't remember the name of a TV series and it's driving me crazy! Had something to do with sandpeople!

I've recently thought of a TV show my parents and I used to watch every week (I think). It was a series and it came on in the 90's. I'm pretty sure it was some kind of sci fi show, and it had things called sandpeople in it. They came up from the sand and appeared to be made out of it. I'm actually not sure if they were on each episode or if it's just one episode of this show I'm thinking of...but they are like the only things I can remember from the show and it's really driving me bonkers! If someone can help me out or give me ideas, I'd be grateful! I've tried looking it up online, but I only come up with the sandpeople from Star Wars, and I know it's not the Tusken Raiders I'm thinking of. LOL. It was some sort of series...I want to say it was on some time between 95 and 98. HELP!

Also: I know it's not Star Gate, because I like that show and know it's not it. And it wasn't animated... It might be Earth 2, but I'm still not sure...

Favorite Answer

Earth 2 from 1994 In the future, the human race is living in space stations orbiting a dead Earth. Faced with a debilitating disease attacking her young son, Devon Adair and a band of non-conformists leave their artificial environment and travel to a distant planet, where they begin a new life for themselves. Written by Tony Lammens starring Clancy Brown Antonio Sabato Jr. Rebecca Gayheart just to name a few there were people who lived in the sand and communicated through dreams .

I think this is it: Out Of This World is a children's television comedy series about a teenage girl who is half alien, which gives her unique supernatural powers. The series revolves around Evie Ethel Garland, a young girl who discovers on her thirteenth birthday that her father is an alien named Troy, from the planet Antareus, who married her mother and "merged lifeforms" to create Evie. Evie's half-alien heritage gives her supernatural abilities. Most of the episodes revolve around Evie misusing her powers and causing some trouble, which she spends the rest of the episode trying to fix. Only Evie and her family know about her alien father and her powers, and many episodes depict Evie trying to hide her secret from other characters.Her father occasionally visits Earth, and stays in touch with his daughter via a special communication device known as the "cube"

I gather it might be an episode of Voltron, Defender Of The Universe:

Quote:

# Synopsis: Lotor sets up his command base on a desert planet, planning to enslave the peaceful Sand People and turn them into Robeasts. A local researcher, Professor Sawa, realizes what's happening and calls in the Voltron Force. Princess Allura meets with the Sand People, and sees that they are innocent and childlike. She gives one her bracelet as a present. But when Lotor attacks with his new Robeast, Allura recognizes the bracelet on the monster's arm

The above synopsis from:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Sand-People/dp/B000S1PIZ...

Plot for the series:

Plot Outline: This series focuses on 5 lion robots and their pilots as they fight vs. the evil forces of king zarkon and prince lotor.

[Quote also from above link. ]

I think it was called Earth. I know what you are talking about. Earth was no good anymore so they took a last ditch effort into space and crashed on this planet.

I'm pretty sure it was Earth, the world Dolphin comes to mind also.

• Ace

I believe you're thinking of "Stargate SG-1". I remember them encountering people who traveled underground and would come through the dirt to grab people. Or it could be "The Lost World"

i rember te show and the planet they were on did have people who came up out of the ground the people from earth were stranded there but like you i cant rember the name of the show sorry i know thats no help

Sounds like Voltron.

Theres sand people in that, but its animated.

I believe it is probably Earth 2 also.

Dune - the TV series

its called "The tommorow people"