ThorGirl asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Where can Service Personnel get a List of Moveon.org Leaders and Staff?

Update:

Pen do You Know what time it is here? After I am off Duty I can do as I please Bucko... Not much in the way off Malls and Rollerskating here.....

Update 2:

Blue ridge Perhaps I want to Join? Nah really I want to Do Like the wonderful Liberals and expreess my disatisfaction with them in a Nice letter. Is that Brown shirt? And how about if I choose not to Shop in stores or invest in companies owned By them? Again WHo is acting Brownshirted here?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm not sure but if you are on your 3rd tour of duty, how come you spend so much time on YA. You're a desk jockey aren't you????

So you are always on day shift? Strange how you always post around the same time. Coincidently it is America online time. I thought war didn't have times. Do you never work nights?

• 1 decade ago

MoveOn is a George Soros funded group but their leaders are really kept hidden in everything I try to pull up on the web. I think the best is to ensure the Democrats who take marching orders from Moveon be inundated with the feelings we have to their allegiance to such a hate America group.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I seems like the Gestapo must be back in business. I wonder if certain users on this site aren't being spied upon as well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Where can Moveon.org Leaders and Staff get a List of Service Personnel?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

So....you're endorsing Brown Shirts mentality?

I have big news for you. In America, any citizen can think and speak freely. Whatever they want.

Isn't that an amazing concept?

Take your fascism and hate and MOVE, please. You clearly have no idea of what America actually means.

Please don't try to "write a nice letter" you're clearly not equipped. You want to boycott them? Go right ahead. Yes, that's a "Brown Shirt" mentality. You fit right in.

• 1 decade ago

That is damn near impossible. They cover their butts better than a conservative in San Francisco.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ask the FBI, they always spy on anyone who doesn't meekly obey rightwing ideologues.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good question!

• 1 decade ago

From their website:

"MoveOn.org Civic Action was started by Joan Blades and Wes Boyd, two Silicon Valley entrepreneurs. Although neither had experience in politics, they shared deep frustration with the partisan warfare in Washington D.C. and the ridiculous waste of our nation's focus at the time of the impeachment mess. On September 18th 1998, they launched an online petition to "Censure President Clinton and Move On to Pressing Issues Facing the Nation." Within days they had hundreds of thousands of individuals signed up, and began looking for ways these voices could be heard.

In 1998, MoveOn PAC was formed as a political action committee so that like-minded, concerned citizens could influence the outcome of congressional elections, and in turn, the balance of power in Washington, D.C. Now known as MoveOn.org Political Action, this organization provides individuals, who normally have little political power, an opportunity to aggregate their contributions with others to gain a greater voice in the political process, and brings people together to take important stands on the most important issues facing our country.

The MoveOn Peace campaign was founded independently by Eli Pariser, a Maine native and recent graduate of Simon's Rock College of Bard. In the days following September 11th, 2001, he launched an online petition calling for a restrained and multi-lateral response to the attacks, which was quickly signed by more than half a million people. Eli joined forces with MoveOn soon afterward, and is now MoveOn.org Political Action’s Executive Director."

http://www.moveon.org/about.html

Joan Blades:

"Joan Blades (b. ca. 1956 in Berkeley, California) was the cofounder in 1987 with her husband Wes Boyd of Berkeley Systems, a San Francisco Bay area software company known for marketing the After Dark screensaver and the You Don't Know Jack trivia game. After selling Berkeley Systems in 1997 for $13.8 million, Blades and Boyd founded the liberal political group MoveOn.org.

She received her BA in History from UC Berkeley in 1977 and her J.D. from the Golden Gate University School of Law. She was an attorney in Alaska and California, taught mediation at Golden Gate University, wrote a book Mediate Your Divorce (published by Prentice Hall), and co-wrote The Divorce Book. She met her future husband, a computer programmer, when the two were playing recreational soccer in the 1980s. She was a member of the board at Berkeley Systems and its Vice President of Marketing. Joan created many of the box designs for the early Berkeley Systems products such as Stepping Out and After Dark based on her original collage-art.

Since May 2005, she has been a contributing blogger at The Huffington Post.

More recently, Blades, along with Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner, founded the organization MomsRising, dedicated to "bringing millions of people, who all share a common concern about the need to build a more family-friendly America, together as a non-partisan force for 2008 and beyond." Currently, MomsRising has a base of 122,000 people and is growing at the rate of 500-1000 new members a week."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Blades

"Joan Blades is co-founder of MoveOn.org and Berkeley Systems with her husband, Wes Boyd. She is also co-founder, and President of, MomsRising.org.

She is on the steering committee of "Reuniting America: A Transpartisan Campaign of Political Reconciliation" (ReunitingAmerica.org), a group engaging people from diverse political points of view in respectful dialogue that leads to creative, breakthrough solutions to the challenges facing our nation.

Joan is the author of Mediate Your Divorce, and is also an organizer of and a contributor to MoveOn's 50 Ways to Love Your Country: How to Find Your Political Voice and Be a Catalyst for Change. She lives in northern California with her husband and two children."

http://www.momsrising.org/manifesto/authors

Photo of Joan Blades:

http://www.nndb.com/people/482/000055317/

Wes Boyd:

"Wes Boyd (b. ca. 1960) and his wife Joan Blades were the cofounders in 1987 of Berkeley Systems, a San Francisco Bay area software company. After selling the company in 1997, Boyd and Blades went on to found the liberal political group MoveOn.org."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Boyd

Eli Pariser:

"Eli Pariser (born December 17, 1980 in Lincolnville, Maine) is Executive Director of MoveOn.org.

Pariser's rise to prominence as a political activist began when he and college student David H. Pickering launched an online petition calling for a multilateral response to the attacks of September 11th. In less than a month, half a million people had signed the petition and in November of that year, Moveon.org founders Wes Boyd and Joan Blades asked Pariser to join their organization.[1]

Pariser and MoveOn have been widely praised for their innovative use of technology, which has enabled the organization to rapidly reach large numbers of Americans. During the 2004 US Presidential Election, Pariser co-created the Bush in 30 Seconds ad contest and raised over $30 million from small donors to run ads and back Democratic and progressive candidates. Writing for The New York Times Magazine in 2003, journalist George Packer referred to MoveOn as the "mainstream" element of what "may be the fastest-growing protest movement in American history."[1]

Pariser graduated from Simon's Rock College at age 19."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Pariser

"Bio: Eli Pariser is Executive Director of MoveOn.org Political Action and interim Executive Director of MoveOn.org Civic Action.

Eli joined MoveOn in November of 2001, and directed MoveOn's campaign against the Iraq war, tripling MoveOn's member base in the process. MoveOn now has over 3.3 million members.

Eli was one of the co-creators of the Bush in 30 Seconds ad contest, and as Executive Director of MoveOn PAC raised over $30 million from over 350,000 small donors to run ads, develop a powerful field program, and support progressive candidates from John Kerry on down.

Eli graduated summa *** laude in 2000 with a B.A. in Political Science from Simon's Rock College. He lives in Portland, Maine. "

http://pdf2007.confabb.com/users/profile/Eli+Paris...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.