Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Please help...behavior?

There is a woman in her 50s that lives in CA that I only know through the internet. We chat a lot, and I abuse her constantly. I make derogatory comments towards her, I fight her for the fun of it. I try to get under her skin to annoy her. I should stop, but I don't want to. WHat is my problem?

Favorite Answer

You should find freinds in real life, why do you chat so much, because you dont like her??? Also you should BE CAREFUL!!!!!you never know, maybe she is really mad, and just, pertending, she is tricking you that she is not mad????You dont know, because, she is in californa, how can you see her????

so she can give you a virus on computer, because it happens,((((Also steal your acount $$$$$!!!!! or give you to buonty hunter!!!!))))

Then, you wont have computer!!!!!

Source(s): it happens on ""tv"", but ,also inREAL LIFE to!!!!!!

Hmm, this is a tough one.

Are you actually abusing her or just teasing her? There's a difference. Abusing is hurtful. Teasing can be hurtful, but it can also be an affectionate way in which to show someone a thing or two that is wrong with them.

If you are truly trying to annoy her for the joy of if, then you are angry about something else in your life that you are unaware of. You abuse her and in the process release some of this pent up anger.

Another possibility, you were treated in such a manner yourself, and are locked in the cycle of repeating this behavior. It is always comfortable to remain with what you know well.

I wonder why this woman perpetuates this relationship? But, that's a different question to ponder.

It is promising that you know you should stop. That is the first step in stopping this behavior. We have to mature and learn that we can't always do and have what we want, especially if it causes harm to others. I believe, you are at this stage of self-awareness. I also have a hunch you will soon change. The reason being - you've reached out and asked this important question.

Well, I will give you credit for at least questioning what you're doing. That's one step in the right direction. As you can see from other peoples response, this is not a nice thing to do. The fact that you like it is what is most disturbing. This behavior won't stop with her. If you keep it up, for much longer, you 'll start doing it to other people too. You'll never find love or happiness acting this way. You'll get hard and callious. Please, for you own good and the good of others, seek some help. You'll feel better for doing it too.. There might be programs in your area, like an AA meeting type of thing, that would be free and would help you alot. Not only would you be able to let all your feelings out, but in a positive way, it would help you learn about yourself. Like why you enjoy inflicting pain on other people and who you really are. It sounds like you don't really like yourself very much and you have to love yourself first before you can ever love anyone else. Good luck. I'll pray for you.. I promise you, you won't regret it.

You're F ing twisted and need help you know that even though it is a chat done over the internet it is still elderly abuse and you should be reported. What the hell is wrong with you. I hope you seek help before you live out these twisted things and really hurt someone. I suggest you go to the ER and tell them you are severly ill and may hurt someone.

They will admit you and get you the help you need.

I wish I could reach out and slap you.

Source(s): I am an RN in A major PSYCH Unit, U need to be admited

Won't speculate on what your "problem" could be, not interested and Only you really know why you do it, so it's your deal but will say IF the situation were the other way around you most certainly wouldn't want to be abused by any one.

So think of it this way:

Do Unto Others As You Would Want Them To Do Unto You

or in simpler terms;

Treat other people as you would like to be treated by them and you just might be truly happier.

Your problem is that you yourself probably need inner healing. Hurt people hurt people, healed people heal people. She is maybe letting you vent your frustrations on her knowing that you are hurt or she'd like to keep you as an internet friend but doesn't know what to do. Why don't you make a little effort to love and respect her and you'll have fewer problems with your conscience. It's important for you to examine your past that is influencing you to act unappropriately at this present time. I sincerely hope this helps you. Remember it's you that determines how you behave in relation to others. Try to esteem them as being more important than yourself instead of being controlled by your self-centeredness.

You need to be asking a psychiatrist.

Honestly, maybe you have pent up anger or something in you. There could be a million reasons for your actions, I suggest you stop for one, cause I have been in her shoes before and being abused is something that has a really lasting effect on you, it can really mess a person up.

But for sure see a counsellor/psychiatrist.

• rhuzzy

I understand your need to get a rise out of somebody, even while reading peoples responses to you, you can see that people are trying to get a rise out of you for something they don't approve of, if it is fun for you to do what you are doing and the person is willing to take it,then im not sure what you should do.

We should never regret our actions, we should just not do those actions in the first place.

You sound like a REAL piece of work sweet hart.

But I'm more concerned that the other person still has contact with you!

You need to get a life, that's your problem. This is bullying, you should be ashamed of yourself.