If there were a way to lose weight and?

you did NOT have to stop eating the foods you already love and if there were something that gives you a bunch of minerals, proteins, fiber and energy, would you listen to the person telling you about it?

Would you want to hear about such a product at all?

34 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

weight gain = caloric intake/day > calories burned/day

weight loss = caloric intake/day < calories burned/day

breakdown...

I am a 19 yo male weighing in at 180 lbs. I sleep roughly 8 hours a day, sit for 8 hours, 6 hours of light work and 2 hours of moderate work. This equates to 2,950 calories burned per day.

To gain weight, I would need to consume more than 2950 calories a day, or do less activities every day to burn fewer calories.

To lose weight, I would need to consume less than 2,950 calories a day or increase my calories burned/day. Obviously, this is what society calls diet and exercise.

Now if I increase my caloric intake by eating the foods that I love, then I'd need to burn more calories to offset this increase in calories to not gain weight. Or, a less healthy option is to cut out normal food in meals and replace them with the equivalent calories in that of my favorite foods.

Personally, I believe that the best way to lose weight is through the hard work of exercise and perseverance. Organic foods are going to be your best source of minerals, proteins, fiber, vitamins and energy. When I was 16 I was overweight 25 lbs and over about a year shed that off to my current 180 (6'2" in height). I've kept myself at this healthy weight through only eating natural and organic foods. This was without exercising.

When I started exercising, I realized that I didn't need to lose anymore weight, so I increased my caloric intake/day to offset the increase in calories burned/day. The result over the years is 7% BMI and 180 lbs. Not bad in my opinion.

If I were you, I wouldn't trust a miracle product that promised the nutrients you need to let your appetite run wild. The bottom line is that to lose weight, you must burn more than you take in. My recommendation would to get a hold of a book about the benefits of natural and organic foods and educate yourself. The knowledge is infinitely more beneficial for long-term life and health decisions concerning diet and nutrition.

Hope that helps. That calorie calculator also counts calories burned/hour with numerous different exercises. Any questions about my short story of a post feel free to e-mail me.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try These Smart and Simple Guidelines To Lose Weight:

http://www.weightloss.surfingarena.com/

Hope This Info Helps

Cheers

• 4 years ago

cut out junk processed food as much as you can

• 5 years ago

Participate in sex atleast 3 times in a week

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Before going to store to buy food items firts list them

• 5 years ago

take a 30 second break in the middle of your meal evaluate just how hungry you still are before getting back to your food

• 5 years ago

3 hours of shopping

• 5 years ago

Eat grapefruit before each meal

• Hollis
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

if your lifestyle or career includes a lot of socializing out at dinners or drinks start scheduling workout dates with friends co workers or even clients

• 5 years ago

Keep proper distance between meals

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.