Very,very thin hair in 3 year old?How to make it thinker?

Ever since she was born her hair was always thin..Now that she is older it seems as though it is breaking off,When I say thin..I mean very thin Even hair pieces dont stay in..I do know that It does run in the family..Even my other Daughter has it too?? But my boys dont..They were lucky with that..Any suggestions?? Thanks:)

Favorite Answer

Usually childrens' hair is usually thinner til they hit about age 5. Now when you mentioned her hair was so thin it was breaking off...you need to get all that breakage cut off. Alot of people want their little girls hair to grow but like anyone if you dont keep it trimmed it will not grow. It will split the ends and keep splitting up the hair shaft which causes the breakage. Once her hair because healthy by cleaning up those ends you will be surprise how much thicker it will appear. It will also help the hair grow faster.

Most children have baby-fine hair, and everyone loses about 150-250 strands daily. Make sure your daughter is eating well; deficiencies are usually the problem with children and often show themselves with hairfall. Consult a nutritionist/pediatrician.

It could also be clinical hairloss if her lashes, eyebrows, and other body hair is affected as well. Talk to your pediatrician for a diagnosis.

OK NO dont shave or cut there hair ther 3 give em more time to grow and if it's still thin take her to a doctor

Cut 1 inches every 2 months

I have always heard if you just trim the ends of it,it will make your hair stat to grow & thicken up. My mommy said that is what she did with my hair when I was little & I have thick hair now.

• miliy

u must shave it for her now before its late , i used to have empty spots when i was 2 my mum said they shaved it for me twice now its thick