Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 decade ago

Fractured tibia?

I fractured my tibia Bone playing football (right leg), It was fractured 3/4 of the way. I had a cast on (below the knee) for 6 weeks, the doc did an xray and he said it hasent healed as yet and he want me to have it on for another 6 weeks. Is this normal? when can I put weight on it and start walking? Thanks

The fracture is 2/3 of the way down below the knee, Also if I stand on it an it doesnt hurt at all, it it normal? does it do damage? Thank for your previous answer nursebob

In addition, I dont smoke and i take calcium suppliments

Favorite Answer

Healing is a dynamic process. Everyone heals at different speeds. I wouldnt rush it. You might have complications either now or in your later years. You also didnt say what part of your tibia, but you dont want to damage your growth plate if its in that area.

You can also look to see if there are any factors that might be delaying your healing process. Diet is a major factor. Also do you smoke? Does your family/friends smoke?

I would follow the physicians orders. If you have concerns, talk to him/her about it. Its better to be safe then sorry.

I personally have had several ankle fractures in high school, didnt allow them to heal properly. Now i have bad arthritis, so it wasnt worth it.

• tess

Try this website

mybrokenleg.com