Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Eagles/ Philadelphia getting a little to excited??

after the allegations against the patriots there was a page printed in a philadelphia paper saying that due to patriot cheating the eagles lost the superbowl.... now last time it was because McNabb was sick, then it was the Penn curse, then it was poor coaching... now people and players alike are saying that the game should be overturned and the eagles awarded the superbowl victory... honestly how retarded can you people be?? even if they did know signals, the guys on the field had to take care of the blitz, and beat coverage, and complete the pass... I believe the Patriots still won the superbowl fairly...

what do you football fans think.. is philadelphia / the eagles trying to get a handout or do they have a legitimate argument??

must say McNugget.. new one.. even living in the philadelphia area

Favorite Answer

Eagles fans are rude, retarded, crybabies. There is always a new excuse why they didnt win. Try this one....YOUR TEAM SUCKS!! Arent you Eagle fans glad we cleared that up?

GEAUX SAINTS!!

Reading comprehension is not your strong point. Most of the Eagles' players didn't support the idea of getting a retroactive win. This whole, "Were the Eagles cheated out of a Super Bowl win?" is just a fun little conspiracy theory. The Eagles lost the Super Bowl because they were out played and even tho McNugget is a great QB, I don't think he runs an effective 2 min drill.

Source(s): Eagles fan who thinks they should win the SB legitimately

I don't understand why your saying the Eagles are getting excited? I mean I live in Philly and from what i've heard from the Eagles say. All they are saying is it's over with. There not making a big deal over it. I though that Tom Brady was in the same class with Montana. BUT now I have to disagree. But back to the Super Bowl. Why was it that the Patriots only gained 86 yards in the first half. Than over 200+ yards in the 2nd half?

Even though I am a Philly fan, the alligations have been proven by the NFL. I would have to say that it they did cheat the Eagles, they would still have to take the test on the field. I think that the NFL should not revoke the super bowl victories of the Cheatriots. I wish McNabb would get his ring.

Everyone is making WAY too much of this. I mean, each team watches tape after tape of their opponents before each game. Additionally, I’m pretty sure the NFL provides, or at least allows, overhead pictures of the offensive and defensive set-ups for each team to study during the game. I'm also fairly certain, each team has spies that try to pick-up the other team's signals during the game and scouts that do it even when the two teams aren't even playing each other. ALL Teams are ALWAYS looking for a competitive advantage...even the Eagles.

So it's against the rules to tape the other team's signals...I get it. But for me it's about as egregious as a player trying to get a competitive edge by holding or bumping the receiver too far from the line of scrimmage during the game. Give them a 10 or 15 yard penalty and get on with it…or are we going to begin calling every penalty on the field cheating too?

it's a legitimate arguement, but they shouldn't be handed the superbowl win. just put a little * next to the patriots win. i really don't know how you can say that they won the superbowl fairly if they did cheat. knowing the defense is going to blitz or run a stunt, the offense has plays designed to work against it.

Source(s): * cheated

An NFL profession quarterback score of seventy six. He sucks. EDIT: He has a one 0 five perfect now in spite of the fact that if it fairly is basically 2 video games. C'mon. you fairly think of that he's going to be waiting to maintain up that %. for something of the season whilst he has in no way even come close previously? And the pro Bowl is largely a acceptance contest. Vick won't even get on the pollfor the corridor of recognition.

Well, they won't get a super bowl ring or anything since the jets didn't even get a win given to them, but I can guarentee that people will be keeping a VERY close eye on the Patriots for the next few years.

I think they have a legitimate argument, come on Bill Belichick is not the most upstanding guy in the NFL. I don't like him and I think he will do whatever he can to win. But as I say they a legitimate argument you still have to execute and they did not in that game so they lost. If they would have executed the way they should have they would have won and wouldnt have to argue about this.

handout! GO PATS!