Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCaribbeanBarbados · 1 decade ago

Recommendations for St Lawrence Gap, Barbados?

I am trying to find a good hotel in Christchurch/St Lawrence Gap. I want to be close to the restaurants and nightlife and preferably somewhere with a pool too. Not too fussed about all inclusive or hotels with restaurants as i plan to eat out most of the time anyway. Can anyone recommend anywhere great which isn't too pricey but still decent?

Thanks everyone.

Favorite Answer

About the first answerer's response,

Almond Casuarina Beach Club/Resort

St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church, BARBADOS

Tel: 246 428 3600

Fax: 246 428 1970

email: info@casuarina.com

I've heard that this place is closed according to a lot of people, but I must say, that's a lovely place!

Currently closed for refurbishment. Will reopen in sometime after July, 2007. This description is based on information provided by the hotel. That's what it said on http://www.tripadvisor.com/ . The average price is $180.

You could send an e-mail or give a call and find out, especially asking about a package that this specific hotel is thanking for.

There's Southern Palms also in St. Lawrence Gap. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147266-d1... - although I'm not sure if that's what you want since the average price is $150. But remember you're staying in a popular area, close to restaurants, Internet, clubs, so things tend to get pricey.

Another option is South Gap: http://southgapbarbados.com/ - there are free airport tranfers that some hotels offer.

If you are flexible and want somewhere cheaper to stay, I can recommend Pegwell Inn Guest House. I stayed there in 2004 for about 2 weeks for like $400 Barbadian dollars. That is, if you do not care about luxury, but at least clean. This is out of St. Lawrence Gap, but you can take a bus or route taxi (11) to St. Lawrence Gap. But this guesthouse is not close to a pool, like I mentioned, it's close to beaches.

Just an idea. :)

try the Accura Hotel, it is in a great location, close to shops, restaurants, right on the beach and lots of activity going on around

its like 10 mins drive from st Lawrence and club extreme and the boat yard, the best clubs around.

Try South Gap Hotel it is dead in the middle of the action on S Lawerence Gap www.southgapbarbados.com and they give you a complimentary pass to Ship Inn which is a popular spot for partying in the Gap.

Southern Palms...for sure. Fantastic staff and it is right on the beach. Wonderful price considering what you are getting for your $$!

The food is good and they have a weekly BBQ with a great steel band.... just what you need when you are sipping cocktails...

Casuarina was my favorite. very nice, friendly staff