i have gotten IM's saying that if i passed the message on that so much money per message would be received

I understand that yahoo messenger is used to raise funds for certain causes by sending a message to friends and having it passed on. I undersatnd that yahoo sends funds to approperiate causes doing this and I would like to know how it works.

Favorite Answer

But then again, how can spamming your friends with a certain message raise money for a certain cause? Most of those messages contain spyware and adware, especially if they contain links. It's spam, and no one likes to get those messages from friends.

If you really want to contribute to something important, actually donate money, not spam on messengers. Give blood or donate to ECHO in fort myers, florida. They give seeds to charities in 3rd world countries and finding ways to grow certain foods in poor conditions.