Cheap Car Amps?

Does anyone know where i can get some good cheap amps for my car

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick G
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Normally i reccomend only CEA-2006 certified amps, because then you know the power they claim is correct, however if you want a "cheap" i would suggest simply that you ignore the power ratings, they are prob. false anyway. one way to at least somewhat measure is to look at the fuse size, typically the larger the fuse size the more power they put out. keep in mind Class d amps put out more volume with less draw so those amps for sure will have slightly smaller fusses for the same power. for sound quality look for a high s/n ration and a low THD% I would stay above 95 for S/N ration and below .5% THD. This is not a fool proof method but it will weed out some garbage amps. With all that said some good brands to look for would be:

Phoenix gold

Power acoustic.

I would recomend looking used on ebay, if you are patient good deals can be found i got a 4 channel mtx amp that is still selling for around 200 for 50 bucks delivered.. and it works beautifully... but there is a risk, just be sure to buy from a seller that has sold a few things and has good feed back, and read the discriptions carefully many times they tell you all about it, then in small print, "currently not operational" or "not tested selling as is." stay away from those. buy ones that are "garanteed not DOA" you pay a bit more, but you can feel pretty confident they will work. on ebay i would also search for alpine, sony, mtx, kicker and rockford they are great amps that seam to be all over ebay due to thier popularity.

Hope that gave you some help.

• 5 years ago

If it's a cheap amp, it's not a good amp. You get what you pay for, and if you buy a cheap one, you will be sorry. Stick to names like Alpine, Kenwood, Rockford Fosgate, and such. Stay away from no names.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Cheap and Sweet deal maybe two different things though...

Name brands are important in the Audio industry.

• 1 decade ago

A "Swap meet"/Indoor Mall, they will have no name brands for less, and from my experience, (because im kind of poor) they have done the job pretty good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.