Chris asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

Need answer now!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

one of my contact lenses tore and i need to know if i can wear 1 for 8 hrs for 4 days the prescription is the same for both eyes

Favorite Answer

Hows this answer?!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it'll be fine!

Source(s): televisions

If I understand this question correctly, you're asking if you can wear only one contact. If that's your question... the answer is No! You'll cause too much strain on the other eye as it tries to overcompensate for the un-lensed one. That's kind of the way people get a 'lazy eye.' Get some new contacts asap or wear your glasses, but definitely get in to see your optometrist.

Yeah you can do it. It'll give you a headache and will feel weird but it's perfectly safe. I've done before for a few days.

It has to be safe because some people only get laser eye surgery in one eye and they're fine. I wouldn't do it too long or your eyes will adjust and then you'll have to wait for them to adjust back when you get your new contacts.

Can you say that again so someone can actually understand it? Are they dailies or monthlies?