Oops! I left my cheesecake to cool on the counter all night long. Is it still safe to eat?

Favorite Answer

Oh no cheesecake has cream cheese which is susceptible to spoiling so no it I would say throw it out . sorry .

• Clare

I'm really sorry to have to agree with the others, but it just isn't safe to eat it after having it out of the refrigerator so long. As much as you may love cheesecake, it's just not worth the suffering you'd endure if it gave you food poisioning!

I am probably the only one who is going to tell you it's fine to eat. Just like any other other cake, the dairy products in it have been baked so why would it hurt? They aren't raw anymore! I mean brownies have eggs in them too, but we don't refrigerate it after baking. As for the cream cheese, it can sustain a long life in a non-refrigerated environment anyway. I have personally eaten one that I left on the counter over night and didn't have any problems.

Source(s): Part time cake decorater/baker/caterer

I wouldn't recommend it. Alot of dairy in cheesecake. Although I know how hard it will be to throw it away.

As said above, I wouldn't risk it. Mind you, if you did try a bit of it you'll know in future if it is safe! Only joking, you don't want to be ill! Personally I would throw it away.

Definitely it is safe to it. But if u really want to feel safe, u can bake d cake again for 5 min.

it is still safest not to eat food you left uncovered all night

, even if you have the cleanest house in the whole world you never know what's crawling on your counter

Cheese, eggs, warm overnight - salmonella.

I wouldn't have the nerve to try it.

Nope. its been out way too long.

Oh no, don't risk it.. cheese and eggs are so susceptible to bacteria, please toss it.. sorry... I just wouldn't want to see you get sick!