Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

german speaker needs help! Is there an american saying/phrase for the following situation?

My ex-bf`s new girlfriend tried to contact me,complaining he was cheating on her like he had cheated on me with her before. What would be a good saying/phrase to tell her? Something like "payback is a biatch or reap what you saw??? Any better suggestions???

forgot to mention that she is american :-)

Favorite Answer

There's lots of things you could say!... (Shoot- I don't have my German dictionary handy... Do you know how to pronounce German?)

Es war deine Wahl, und deine Schuld.

It was your choice, and your fault.

Once a cheat, always a cheat.

Sobald ein Schwindler, immer ein Schwindler.

(I don't know if Schwindler applies to cheating in a relationship, though... the German word for unfaithful is "untreu," so you may want to change it a little...)

Once unfaithful, always unfaithful.

Sobald untreu, immer unteu.

I'm guessing that she's German... right? If she is, then she'll probably also know English- it's taught in school.

The saying you might well be looking for is: "what goes around, comes around!"

and the other is "as you sow, so shall you reap" (note the spelling here, OK?). Basically, this means that the way you treat other people is the same way you will be treated.

Well it can also be "History always repeats itself"

Or even better " u have turned a full circle"

or even simpler tit for tat

What comes around, goes around - -

If it happened before, it will probably happen again

• ryan c

How about, "Sucks to be you!"