Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

have you ever suffered from unrequited love???

what is your story, and how did you handle it?

Favorite Answer

Oh yea, been there done that. The thing to remember is to keep your dignity intact. Never grovel to anyone to get them to feel the same way you do. Keep your chin up and gracefully move on. Because in time you will see why it was always best that things never worked out.

Relationships are like the ocean: There are some awesome waves, sucky waves, and tidal waves. Chersish and have fun with the awesome waves, learn from the sucky waves, and at all costs avoid the tidal waves.

In high school I was head-over-heels for this handsome guy on my bus. He was in my grade, a sporty guy (but not a jock) and very sweet. We would chat every day, but I was a bit of a nerd back then, so I was aware that my love was unrequited. I wasn't in his league, as it were. He then started dating one of my best friends. Happily, this did not scar me too much as their relationship did not last long. It still hurt immensely, however, and only time and the realization that a high-school crush was not the be-all and end-all helped. Often, not having the person is the best thing that can happen. Looking back, I would have dumped his *** in pretty short order because we weren't on the same level intellectually. If they don't love you - it's probably better for you. You get a bit blind when your in love with someone from afar, and in hindsight it's often better it goes nowhere.

yes, my daughter's father, however he left us for another woman, who cheated on him throughout the 9year marriage and treated our daughter bad when my daughter would visit her father. I finally got over him, then, he leaves her, comes back to us, is very good to us, I fall for him all over again. Now he wants to go back to her, buy her a house, even though he left her a house when he divorced her, and marry her again and have kids with her. Yesterday he said he's not worried about his daughter and never will be. What a father! He was always a good father to her, so I don't understand why now he is such an a s s h o l e. I am heartbroken, hurt and no words can describe how I feel. They say time helps, I don't know if it does. It will take extremely long time for me, maybe it will be better for you, maybe it will take less time. I don't know what else to tell you, they say occupy yourself with activities, school, work, friends. Non of that has worked for me, but maybe you should try it.

The only thing that heals wounds like unrequited love is time.

"Unrequited love" is just plain silly, like not wanting to get another dog if your's disappears. Real love doesn't require anything in return or being loved back.

i think that just about everyone has. i know i have so many times although a lot of the time it is easy to just assume that they don't like you. I think it is important to actually talk to them about it if you are seriously in love with them, rather than move on or just wait until they make a move. most of the time it is hard talking to someone about this but i think it is important for you to be able to move on or maybe you will find out they actually like you!

if you know for a fact that they don't love you then i think the best thing is to find a way to move on... no suggestions on how though.

I think everyone has to some extent. I spent alot of time consciously keeping myself busy with things that interest me so that I wouldn't spend time thinking about him, until the day that I didn't have to do them because I was trying to be busy, but because I really enjoyed the things I was doing and the people I was meeting.

Yes I have. My oldest son's father. I loved him with everything in my heart, and there was nothing that I wouldn't do for him--until he began to hurt me to the point I became bitter and uncaring. He was addicted to crack cocaine, and he chose his love of that drug, over me, over our son. I threw him out when my son was 18 months old. I never looked back, I never regretted throwing him out, and I will never regret that I have a child by him. He never cared enough, about anything but his drugs.

Time and space heal the wounds of having your heart trampled by someone who can't return the love to you. It DOES get easier with time. However, you still remain gaurded, no matter what, afraid of feeling that pain again from someone else.

I have many times...the last time,I'm not sure if it was mutual or not at first...I'm really not 100%sure if it unrequited now.It is/was/is a very confusing situation.

Yes, but I think it's just a crush, because it takes two to have love ))