moulds grow continuosly in my wardrope.how do i get rid of them?

this things are white powdery substances on the wooden inner surfaces

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can kill the mold with a solution of bleach and water. Wash everything completely, the wardrobe and all your clothes. Make sure that your clothes are genuinely dry after each wash before putting them back in. Try leaving the closet slight ajar to encourage ventilation.

Source(s): experience
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you have a dehumidifier then great this will draw the water out of the wood, First take every thing out wash with a solution if warm water and lemon juice. Now leave the dehumidifier on for a couple of hrs, and you will be surprised as to how much water it collects.

• 1 decade ago

I had the same problem. I took everything out of the closet; washed and dried it and ran a dehumidifier for about 6 hours. If there is any musky smell in it, stick a box of arm & hammer in each corner or on shelves in the closet.

• 1 decade ago

it may be because of humidity or dampness in the room. try using a dehumidifier in that room, as well as cleaning out the wardrobe. once i used a dehumidifier the mold went away

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the wardrobe is either damp itself or there's some thing damp in there.

empty the wardrobe, open the doors and allow the wardrobe to ventilate and dry for a few days.

replace your clothes, making sure none of them are damp. you shouldn't have the problem any longer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.