chloe

Should I take my baby to the doctor?

She almost fell of her crib, and I caught her just in time. I think she must have bit her tongue because a few drops of blood came out of her mouth. I tried to check her mouth but she won't open wide enough. I put a clean cloth inside wrapped around my finger, and didn't find any more blood.

She seems fine now, this happend 10 minutes ago. She 's in a good mood, and playing, and she's able to nurse. Is it possible the blood came from somewhere else?

She hurt her tummy a bit because she doubled over the crib, but it didn't seem like she got hurt that bad.

I'm trying to get a hold of her pediatritian, but no luck so far. Do you think I should worry? She doesn't seem to be in any kind of pain.

Favorite Answer

the wonderful thing about babies are that they heal from cuts and bruises quickly....if she bit her tongue or cheek, chances are by the time you got a chance to get into her mouth to look, it had already begun to heal..as for her doubling over ..she's little and it probably hurt, but as long as she does not start having bowel issues or vomiting, I would not be concerned. Babies fall and hit their heads and their little bellies all the time and recover well. Just watch for anything out of the unusual, and don't worry.

Thank you for being a good mom that is concerned about the well being of her child.

She's probably fine. She might of hit her lip against her teeth or she might have bit her tongue like you suggested. If she isn't still bleeding and doesn't seem to be in pain then you probably don't have to worry. Keep a good watch on her for the next several hours and if you are still uncomfortable keep trying to get ahold of the pediatrician to ease your mind. Doesn't sound like its anything though and definately not an emergency situation. Kids are tough.

More than likely your daughter is fine, you on the other hand might want to relax a little. God makes little ones a lot tougher than they look, you will discover this as she gets closer to her teen years, LOL. Have a great time with her while she is small, it goes too fast and she is likely to have many other, more serious incidents as she gets older. You had to have been paying really close attention to her to catch a fall, so you know how important she is in your life, ENJOY your time and try not to worry quite so much, if she were seriously hurt, you would know it first.

Don't worry, she's fine. These things happen all the time. Babies and toddlers are very resilient and their bodies are made to prevent serious injury from these kinds of small accidents. I can't count the number of times my children have fallen down and bit their lip or their tongue!

poor mummy and baby!,,, if i was you i wouldnt go dr, im a pathetic mum, lol,, if my baby was happy then i wouldnt worry, if she bled the same time as the tumble then the blood was from her mouth!, once my eldest fell and hit her head on the corner of the coffee table, and blood came out of her ear hole,, i dunno how! but cos it stopped i didnt worry

yesterday while shopping my baby was bored so i let her chew on a pkt of food the packaging was made out of hard plastic,,, well before i knew it blood was pouring out of her mouth, she cut her whole gum along where the teeth are coming out!, i felt so bad, she was later smiling with blood all over her face and teeth still, lol,, such a naughty mummy

babies are tough!

no if your baby is fine and not crying and you cant consoll her then she is ok. My son has cut his lip gums etc and it was allways fine. As long as its not still bleeding. hop0e everything goes all right.

First thanks to god that ur baby is safe now.

i dont think so that there is any problem but if tomorrow if ur baby feels like pain then dont ignore it. take care of ur baby and give my love to her.