SimonJ
SimonJ asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 decade ago

Child Psychology (mental development) question, please see details...?

At what age do children develop skills necessary to solve scrabble-gram type questions?

I'm a little disappointed at results I'm getting for one section of an exam set for 8 to 9 year olds. The subject is English as a Second Language, and students were asked to unscramble three words, 'because, better' and 'behind'. Each word had it's letters scrambled and students had to unscramble them and write the word. Two clues were give (because previous practice test results for this section had revealed that it was tough): we told everyone that each word started with the letter 'B', and a translation was given in the students' native tounge next to each word's blank space.

Favorite Answer

I think those would be fairly complicated words for a 8 or 9 year old whose native language was English. They should be able to unscramble words, but I would try shorter and more simple words. Nouns work well. Also if you do want to use the larger words I would suggest putting the letters for each word on note cards (1/2 of a 3x5 index card works well), and then letting them move the letters around.

Good Luck

3

good, as a properly-customary myself i'm commencing as much as question various the gibberish it is indoors the DSM and inspite of the shown fact that if psychology itself is a bonafide technologies. i do now not evaluate conservatives who say homeless each and every man or woman is only lazy and psychology is a "scam" so scientific medical doctors can push pills yet institutional psychiatry desires heavy rules and there desires to be some rules as to what's a psychological disease and what isn't a psychological disease. approximately ten years interior the previous mom Jones printed an in-intensity tale via investigative journalist Brendan Koerner titled "themes Made to order." It grew to become into insightful approximately how great Pharma and Psych have an exceedingly unethical hand in hand relationship of producing psychological illnesses and then bypass approximately promotion pills to scientific care those "illnesses." optimal of it is so imprecise and widely worded that almost each and every man or woman could good be laid low with those illnesses and be diagnosed. diverse those so-stated as themes indoors the DSM are fake and quackery and inspite of the shown fact that if i'm no conservative myself and that i'm able to contemplate conservatives that there is a few BS happening with the DSM.