"Busted" my Lip...?

...on my desk at 5 AM. I immediately went to the bathroom and rinsed the cuts. It is not directly on my lip, but on the place right below it and on both the outside and the inside. The cut looks sort of deep on the inside, but I stopped the bleeding. I also took two motrin to hopefully help with the pain.

Anyway, from reading some of these questions and answers about busted lips, I can proudly say mine was not involved with drinking but not paying attention when you move around in bed.

The worst part of this whole thing is that I am a FLUTE PLAYER. This is going to be hell for the next few weeks.

Basically all I am asking is,

1. Did I take the right steps?

2. Should I do more?

Thanks for helping out. :)

Favorite Answer

1.) Did I take the right steps?

Yes, you took good steps.

2.) Should I do more?

Yes, you should do more. Like the person above ice in a plastic bag and then wrap the plastic bag with the ice in a towel (You dont want to get frost bite, this is common and it is just due to the direct contact from the ice on the skin) Also like above use antibiotic cream on the injury ( It should speed up the healing process.) . Also I know you dont want to have a nasty scar, use vitiamn E oil and put it on the area. Also since the injury is open and close to the mouth. be careful of what you eat and brush your teeth and use mouth wash everytime you eat something and when you wake up. also lay down the Flute for atleast a week. sorry to say that but its best you dont play it with your lip busted like it is. Good luck and you should be good to play pretty soon.

Source(s): EMS First Responder / soon to be EMT and Firefighter

Yeah you can get pink lips easily by honey and suger. Honey moisturizes our skin and helps to produce new skin cells on our lips skin. Sugar exfoliates the dead skin cells from lips and makes the lips pink. In a bowl add 1 tsp. of honey and 1 tsp of sugar or brown sugar. Mix it and rub it on your lips gently. Then leave the mixture on your lips for 10 minutes. Wash it off with cool water and see the instant magic of pink lips. Do it two times every day in a month.

I would keep it iced up for a while and put an antibiotic ointment on it to keep it from getting infected. Keep taking motrin as it should help with the swelling. Hope you feel better.

Source(s): Personal experience. Accidentally hit in the mouth with a hammer