Are smart playful answers discourteous?

Please see what quizman wrote when he resolved his quiz, and my reply:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...

Quizman quotes my answer: "Why must I try too hard to answer? I want my 2 easy points, and I will just leave you with your grand design of making it an ordeal to get the 10 points. Now go jump (in your trampoline)"

Quizman asks: Was that courteous? (Streetsweeper : it was not discourteous. It was a playful response to AREF's deliberately difficult but playful question. I even playfully used his "trampoline") AREF himself is playful when he answers, and we like AREF this way.

Quizman quotes my answer "I can't tell you. I am sorry."

Quizman further says : If you can't tell, why do you bother answering. To get your easy points? (Streetsweeper : This is saying "I can't tell you my secret", a very normal playful response to the question "What is the secret...")

Sense of humor can not be bought, unfortunately.

Favorite Answer

nena not very bright so i stay away from questions of quizman...the links you posted don't work so i couldn't figure out the ends and tails of your story...but i will answer your main question purely from my own experience here at yap ---

most of the times, i'm very irreverent in my answers but only to those people who already know me and are used to my dumbness. if people don't know me, i TRY to give serious answers that make sense but i am never combative (i.e., i never tell the asker what to do with his/her own question). in other words, i don't give answers that i wouldn't want to see in my questions. my aggressiveness and twisted humor have burned me many times before.

yes, we can be playful but we should exercise caution too coz we just don't know the sense and sensibilities of some people. you could be right and he could be right --- heck, we could all be right --- but unfortunately, for every question, there's only one BA - right or wrong!

you've said your piece...he has said his piece...could we just leave it at that?

peace, everyone!

When reading text it is very difficult to imply the tone of a person you've never met. Sometimes it's best to just be straightforward and move on. Tone and inflection are not always so easly discerned.

• Mongol

look this is a free web thingy and ppl give answers not knowing u r on a deathbed or walking on a tightrope across empire state building with a laptop!.

dont get offended if u r answered litely.... in life not everything is black or white.... theres sometin called grey.. and fear not theres a myriad of colors in this world...

if u think ur questions deserve a better answer... i think this is not a website for it.. goto the forums for serious headbangers

just my 2 pennies

The page cannot be open, but whatever it is, don't mind him maybe some people here just want to grab somebody attention.

my friend jongbong always gives playful answers but he's always drunk anyways so we're already used to his style of answering

i guess po it's just a matter of consistent style

Hey Miss, I agree with you that it wasn't right for this quizman, or maybe he should be called quizboy, to attack your answers as discourteous. They are not.

But this might not be the proper forum.

• I think its more discord(eous) than discourteous.

It depends upon the context and your forebearance.

Go girl. You are so right and we should eliminate dumb people from the face of the earth.

What are you asking? It was too long, I didn't read it.

Source(s): yep, that sound's discourteous to me...

if you have a problem with people here in YAP you do not argue with them you just report them and let Yahoo decide.