Non-muslims: Have you tried fasting for a day or more to see what a Muslim friend or family member goes thru?

Thank you

Favorite Answer

3 days my self,............it helps you to concentrate on the Lord,......you should try to fast from sexual relations,.....this is another way to focuse your spirit on him,.............this can be the tougher of the two for most,......I have done this for a 3 month period my self...............of coarse with my wife agreement,.....it was for the both of us.............after the first couple of weeks with seeking Christ............many carnel things will fall by the way side...............those were times of intence enlightenment................I wish that we were able to live in his spirit 24/7...........but we have are weeknesses and he knows when we are truly serving him........you can't play him for a fool.....for he searcheth out the reins of a heart.......He knows where your heart is being led. Peace Out Brother!

I haven't done it for the reason you ask, but I HAVE gone all day without food while in the perfect bliss of creating my art and then, suddenly, after 10 or 12 hours, I'll think, "Hey! What time is it? I haven't eaten anything all day!"

The trick to success is to minimize physical activity and maximize your concentration on doing something you enjoy doing. I always suffer the most when I'm fasting deliberately before full blood work next day where fasting is required 12 hours prior. THEN, I'm absolutely STARVING! I get to the lab and I'm thinking, "C'mon! Suck that blood out! I want an Egg McMuffin and a coffee NOW!!!"

But, it's mostly all in my head.

:)

.

We Muslims do not need to prove to others what we feel while fasting, it is matter between us and God Almighty.

I do not support your question.

If we try others to realize about our condition, we loose our benefits and rewards from God Almighty, that question shows we are doing for show off. This is wrong.

God Almighty said I will reward to person with fasting by my self. What that means, we should keep it secret as much as possible and do not expect favor from others.

Further before Prophet Muhammad, others also supposed to fast, only some conditions were different but most of the Prophets used to fast as well.

Peace :)

I fast often. Only thing is, I fast when there is no food. Spiritual growth is a tool I use when there is no other choice. I'd rather eat and let others more enlightened people get closer to some dear and fluffy Lord.

I was led on a 4 day fast by the Holy Spirit. Very spiritual. I don't need to know what the Muslims go thru in one.

• B

I have a Christian friend who fasts for a whole 3 months, but it is a different kind of Fast; it's no meat products (even milk, cheese etc) for the whole 3 months

I got a friend in Harlem, Ramdan comes 5 times a week for him.

I have non muslim friends and colleagues who fast at times, but it makes me feel bad, they dont have to, but they do..

i fasted for 24 hours once not by choice... i was hooked on championship manager

didnt notice the hunger while i was busy

What great in that fasting when its a Violence (eating non-veg too) in the name of GOD!!!!!