Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

is it a good or bad idea to have family members working for you?

have you ever employed or worked for a family member? if so was it great or horrible?

Favorite Answer

why, you wanna hire a family member there bob? how about the son of a good friend?? come on now its all good.

its not a good idea, a relative may find it difficult to accept the professional level in the relationship, if anything goes wrong it can cause a family rift, the negatives outweight the positives. There is no room for sentiment in business, may sound harsh, but is true

Its a bad thing. I once employed my sister in law, and she turned out to be really bad at what I thought she could do. I sacked her, and now my in laws are completely ignoring me.

• Trish

Funny that you ask...I don't work with any of my family but the lady that does all the hiring at my job has hired her son, one nephew one niece, the nephews mother and a aunt of her's lol There all stupid thow....

• Kicky

It's a bad bad Idea!

My boss had to hire his sister a couple of months ago...She's really useless, and he just can't get rid of her!

possibly awkward, yet as long as no one is getting bamboozled over any money or offended try to be sturdy. If all of us on the club starts off chatting with you approximately your sister purely tell them its your sister and that they might desire to appreciate to sidestep speaking approximately her dancing.

• well its kinda weird working with a family member especially if you are the boss, because if they arenot working up to your standard its really hard to fire them.

I think it would be bad because it may compromise the professionality of the business.

bad!!!especially your mother in law

never... but i wont ever do it ....