Should i be planning a wedding if i only know him for 2 months?

We met on a chat site and our first date turned into a weekend affair that has not stopped , we wanna get married by the end of the year or there abouts.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You have to go with your gut instinct... you cant ask people so they give you the "right" answer (whatever that may be)... I met my husband in September, we were engaged in December, and married in February... now we've been married almost two years and we are happier than we've ever been... so there is no time limit, but you really have to go with your gut feeling... dont let anyone talk you in or out of it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First of all, you DO know that gay marriages are still illegal right?

Secondly, two months isn't long enough to actually know someone inside and out. I've been with my boyfriend for a little over a year and a half now, and he's TOTALLY different from the first day I met him!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

my friend met her guy online, went to his house that night, came home with him later that same night and got married to him about 6 weeks later!.

However they did have a time for about 8 months when they split up but because they were married they both worked at getting to know each other and made the relationship work for them. Now they have been happily married for the last 4 years.

Hope it works out for you too :)

• 1 decade ago

If the feeling really is mutual, why the hell are you asking us? You both know how you feel.

Besides, a year of planning is a long enough time for you two to get to know each other more before the acutal day. A lot can happen in a year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I know it feels like true love; that is how infatuation feels! I am not saying that he is not the one, only that you might want to give it a little more time, even if only a few more months to let the initial excitement die down and let real life set in! Hope it works out for you!

Source(s): I'm a wedding planner.
  • 1 decade ago

I have a family member that went through this and this is what I told her. Listen to this song first and then you tell me. Its called Train Wreck by Elliott Yamin and it goes a little like this We are strangers heading for a train wreck thats exactly what is going to happen with you if you marry this guy before getting to know him.

• 1 decade ago

No! get to know your partner a bit more, you may see things differently when the rose coloured glasses come off! You are still infatuated with the sex side of the affair. Have a great day.

• 1 decade ago

Same thing sort of happened to me. We were engaged after 3 months and married three months after that. It has worked out for us. Life is about chance. You sort of have to feel the situation out. Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

I believe you need to date someone for a least a year before getting engaged.

• 1 decade ago

i say pace yourself. nothing to rush about when the ride is joyful.

i'm on the similar boat and people around me are just as happy but they say 'pace yourself and enjoy the ride."

i remember what my elder brother would always tell me, "don't make a decision when you're in high emotions."

i wish you the best of luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.