Should our news be filtered and edited news or the truth?Who should decide?

Any news from the television, radio or the net. As long as it is news that is published in the newspaper.

Is it the Newspaper company decide whether our news is filtered news or should the public(readers) decide.

Favorite Answer

It's up to us to sort out the truth by reading and listening to many sources. You can't depend on or force the media to tell you the truth.

Both. News should not be filtered but it is because of market economy.

Publishers will feature stories likely to sell more copies or increase readership of publication. US media is entirely commercialized. I honestly miss lots of local news because I watch BBC world news on the local PBS station. I only read the sunday newspaper to clip coupons or I wouldn't get it it at all.

All cases are public record. I think it should be both sides having an opinion because personally I am tired of the crotches of Brittany, Lindsey, and Paris being breaking news.

• DJJD

News is rarely 100% truthful as I have found out from experience. Lots of stuff is hidden from us, but not by the press. It would be government intervention, police, ministry of defence & data protection etc.