Can any one tell me how to download protein data base files ?

i was intersted in running the software quantum 3.3 software . the software provide a free tutorial.. I want to download 1c83 tell me what these numbers indicate. Telll me where do i can get the information regading these files

Favorite Answer

The code you mentioned, 1c83, refers to a protein, it's the protein data base (pdb) id code so you can access to the file with the data on that proteic structure.

when i did a search on that code, the protein I found was "tyrosine phosphatase".

Go to the website http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/home/home.do

There, in the search bar above, select PDB ID or keyword and type in the code.

You'll get the data on that protein, along with a lot of information. The site has a lot of info for people who are just getting started so you shouldn't have a problem in finding the file and downloading it.

Good luck!

You can use PDB but I find bioinformatics sites like NCBI more useful because it is more like a database for databses and so you'll return many more results in regards to the genetic sequence, protein structure, sequence as well as free papers etc...

huihui