Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Is it bad to rinse your mouth out with hydrogen peroxide?

I rinse my mouth out once a day with hydrogen peroxide because it makes your teeth whiter. It is less expensive to use and it works. Would you say this is safe?

Favorite Answer

Nasty tasting stuff but it shouldn't hurt you as long as you don't swallow. If you get the listerine whitening pre-brush rinse it is basically peroxide and certainly tastes much better.

Yes it's bad because your weakening and wearing down your teeth by exposing them to pure hydrogen peroxide. Try just mixing baking soda with a toothpaste containing hydrogen peroxide instead.

H2O2 is fine to rinse with, but I would suggest diluting it. You will have some fizzing but I would not expect a funky taste and no stink. Good luck

my dentist said it was bad to rinse every day with peroxide. I don't know why.

I'm not a doctor or dentist, but I do that myself. I believe it is safe, but best thing to do to be sure is ask a doctor or dentist. My opinion is that it's fine and won't hurt you.

It won't hurt you but could damage your teeth in the longer term.

• PG

Yes, it IS safe.

yes, it's safe. it also gets rid of infection.....but i can't believe you can stand the taste...you're a brave one!!!

yes its safe

This is safe as long as you do not swallow any of it...

I use it too...