Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Is it bad to rinse your mouth out with hydrogen peroxide?

I rinse my mouth out once a day with hydrogen peroxide because it makes your teeth whiter. It is less expensive to use and it works. Would you say this is safe?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nasty tasting stuff but it shouldn't hurt you as long as you don't swallow. If you get the listerine whitening pre-brush rinse it is basically peroxide and certainly tastes much better.

• 1 decade ago

Yes it's bad because your weakening and wearing down your teeth by exposing them to pure hydrogen peroxide. Try just mixing baking soda with a toothpaste containing hydrogen peroxide instead.

• 5 years ago

H2O2 is fine to rinse with, but I would suggest diluting it. You will have some fizzing but I would not expect a funky taste and no stink. Good luck

• 1 decade ago

my dentist said it was bad to rinse every day with peroxide. I don't know why.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I'm not a doctor or dentist, but I do that myself. I believe it is safe, but best thing to do to be sure is ask a doctor or dentist. My opinion is that it's fine and won't hurt you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It won't hurt you but could damage your teeth in the longer term.

• PG
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes, it IS safe.

• 1 decade ago

yes, it's safe. it also gets rid of infection.....but i can't believe you can stand the taste...you're a brave one!!!

• 1 decade ago

yes its safe

• 1 decade ago

This is safe as long as you do not swallow any of it...

I use it too...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.