Company paying towards my glasses?

I have been diagnosed as being long sighted and need glasses for Computer use, My boss said the company will pay up to £75 towards my glasses as they are specifically for computer work.

My glasses cost £259 in total, the Lenses were £110 alone!

I have given my boss my receipt for HR to then send me a cheque towards the cost of the glasses, the only problem is I am wanting to quit my job in the next few weeks,

If they do give me a cheque and then i quit can they ask for the money back?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    They can ask, but unless something is in writing, like you agreeing to work for at least one year, they don't have a great way to make you give it back. On the other hand, if you use this company as a reference for future jobs, they may make a big deal of telling this to your potential future employers.

    OOPS - pounds, you are in Britain. I know how it works in the US, but in Britain, when so much law based on precedent, everything i said might be wrong. sorry.

  • 1 decade ago

    I don't think he can, as Nick said unless it is in writing, but for such a small sum I don't think they would bother. Best leave on a good terms though, you don't want to agitate the situation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.