When I set my monitor to above 800x600 pixels, it displays the message "out of range"?

I understand that this means my monitor cant "handle" any higher resolution; however, it used to be able to "handle" 1024x768. Can anyone tell me how I can change my monitor's settings to allow for a higher resolution?

When you have the display settings open try clicking on advanced

then click on adapter

Then click on list all modes

Select 1024x768x60Hz and see if that works. <----- I tried that and it kept coming up with "out of range"

How do I change the refresh rate of the monitor and what should it be?

Favorite Answer

60 or 70 Hertz is the norm. go for 50Hz for this checkup though.

If you or anyone else has done anything to the machine (perhaps even a virus, or a driver update) its possible the video driver has become corrupted.

Go back into your Display Adapter properties and click on the option that says Roll Back Driver and see if that works.

if you have a Nvidia or ATI card I recommend downloading a fresh copy of their driver pack from their websites. Uninstall any nvidia/ati based driver before the actual installation though.

Have you installed the video card driver? A monitor which can support 1024x768 resolution previously will still be able to do so unless you changed to a new video card and forgotten to install the driver or simply the card doesnt support any resolution higher than 800x600.

Your video card don't support higher pixels or monitor it is normally set to 60 ghz refresh rate. Thus making it too high might give you BSOD.

then click on adapter

Then click on list all modes

Select 1024x768x60Hz and see if that works.

The recommendations (wakeful) is be quiet amd pay attention to it (like human beings do after prayer or throughout the time of meditation) you would be waiting to "hear it" talk. That voice you hear isn't God, it truly is your wakeful. once you're a righteous or godly guy or woman then your wakeful would desire to tell you issues that sound as though they might have been inspired by ability of God. In a feeling they have been through fact a deep faith in God will motivate your recommendations to have a feeling of righteousness so whilst your wakeful speaks to you it does so from a godly attitude. nonetheless, the essential human is barely listening to their wakeful talk whilst they await a respond after prayer, purely like the Buddhists whilst they meditate. the actual occurence of somebody promptly speaking with God is surprisingly uncommon, and is actual a staggering element. a guy or woman who fairly has unfold out a private relationship is asserted as a Prophet, or Buddha. (in keeping with which hemisphere you reside in) yet human beings have a tendency to ignore that. Anyhoo, the clarification a loving "Message from God" isnt seen insane and a probably homocidal one is, nicely truly through fact human beings dont too very like the belief of God tellin human beings to shove babies in microwaves. no longer too lots philosophizing is mandatory on that one. sense me?

It is possible that the video card does not support the requested resolution.