Lv 6
ftz asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 decade ago

Is it okay to guess on this tax form amount?

I can't find my 1098-T tax form (tuition and required fees). Can I just put a low estimate on my taxes? (it will probably be low by at least $1000)

3 Answers

  • Ravin
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    call the school and have them send you the form, say you never got it. that 1,000 bucks may very well come directly off of your refund amount or effect the amount you would have to pay in. It did for me for a few years

    Source(s): personal experience
  • HR
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    If you are talking about the form for tax year 2007, chances are it has not been issued. So just wait and see.

    If you are talking about the form for 2006, contact the school and ask for a copy. But for 2006, your tax submission is way late so does it really matter?

  • 1 decade ago

    why estimate, when it might be to your benifit if you put the exact amount, I would contact the school and whom ever handles the finacial stuff at the school and they can help.

    when it comes to benifiting from filing your tax return we could all use as much help with IRS as possible. cause they are sure not the giving type otherwise.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.