ok I'm 13 & i was wondering how old u have to be to go in a tannng bed at a tanning salon ?

Favorite Answer

It is different for each state. In Texas, you have to have permission from a doctor to tan 13 or younger.

Around here, Illinois...you have to be 18, and if your under that you have to have a parent with you. Tanning beds are harsh for your skin if you go a ton, you may love looking brown but have you seen those old wrinkly tan ladies...yeah gross.

Skip the skin cancer and don't do it, especially at 13. Worst thing is a fake orange tan that makes you look like the biggest slut of life.

• I would just say dont do it

why the hell do you want to, or need to?

Why be orange and look like everyone else.

Be your natural colour or if you dont like that then use self tanning products...but dont risk skin cancer for the sake of a quick tan.

People who use them are blinded by thier own vanity.

at the tanning salon i worked at you had to be at least 13 and had to have permission by a parent.some places might say you have to be at least 14.there's also a good chance that your going to have to have an adults permission,so their going to have to go with you.if anything,you should call the place that you want to go,and find out from them...

Tanning beds have been linked to cancer deaths in Australia and NZ.

I would stay the HELL away from them at your age.

Do some research on the net hun and you will be put right off them.

Please heed this warning poppet!

dont do it you could get skin cancer

just put a fake tan on instead

I started going when I was 14. It is dangerous though. Maybe you could get some tinted lotion instead?

stay away from tanning beds,they are just goin to increase your risk of cancer.

If you live in the UK then its 16.. =)