88 chevy s-10 blazer how to open the tailgate?

my lock is broken ( the one that opens the window and talilgate) and i cant seem how to open it from inside ???.Also my horn doesnt work i removed the center rubber from the steering wheel and theres a wire attached to the rubber cover that i removed and i dont see where the wire could be connected on the inside of the steering wheel?? where would the horn be under the hood????

Favorite Answer

The only way is to pop the lock, but it has a tamper-proof device to where it can't be fixed at that point. The only option is to replace it with a new one, but be VERY careful or you could crack the glass. This is messed up on mine too, but I'm letting a mechanic do it since I don't want to replace the rear window. If you do it yourself, be sure to have a new lock assembly for the back on hand and be careful with the glass (my rear glass won't open, maybe the button still works on yours - in that case, open it first).

Horn is either to the front right or front left, I can't remember off hand. As for the wires, I'm not sure, but check the fuse first.

THE WIRE COMES FROM THE INTERNAL HORN RING THAT PLUGS INTO THE HORN PAD.

YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE STEERING WHEEL AS WELL AS FOR THE RETAINING RING,(SPECIAL TOOLS NEEDED).

THE HORN IS UNDER THE HOOD AND LOOK ON THE RADIATOR SUPPORT.

THE TAILGATE IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT AND DIFFICULT.

TRY REMOVING THE INTERNAL PANEL SCREWS OR POP IT UP JUST ENOUGH TO GET YOUR HAND IN THERE.

Source(s): 923