My TCP/IP connection in Windows Vista drops randomly, constantly need to reconnect.?

I have two computers that are hooked up through Ethernet cables to my router. One runs Windows XP and the other Vista. The XP computer never drops but the Vista machine after a few minutes complains that the connection has been terminated (I get the "Connect / Work Offline" dialog box in IE).

Clicking connect allows the machine to work for a few more minutes.

Any ideas as to why the connection would drop? Any settings to check or change?

Favorite Answer

Vista to XP has problem Issues that still on resolving, I have the same idea you have. It is better go back to XP ar have both PC run vista.

sometimes i say to myself that the only security missing in vista is when u move ur mouse a pop up comes and ask

are u sure u want to move mouse ??? :)))

no seriously its over kill

microsoft claims its more secure but more secure is not secure

any way try assigning ur ip manuelly instead of otomatic

do a ipconfig/all in the xp and use same seting for the vista in the ip protocol

only the perosonal ip of the vista should be one more then the xp the other same

i don't comprehend what's inflicting it, yet i comprehend that Vista has a foul popularity with all varieties of hardware. Printers, scanners, on the spot gadgets, and so on. with any luck provider %. one million will restoration lots of those themes.