If there were God, how much of his being do you think you'll understand?

of the state of knowing - when the knowledge fully grasps the known and more, the knowledge is superior to the known since it would have been impossible only through the known to have achieved the greater knowledge. Knowledge exceeds what to be known.

Having said that, never mind whether we as humans can surpass our understanding of the existential qualities of God and his universe (if there were God) but could we at least expect to understand and stand at par with God? After all the most common reason for being an atheist is due to lack of proof that our intelligence can digest. this world and God seem simply incomprehensible to us. Should we expect any less from God who is by definition the all knowing and the maker of everything visible and invisible? Should we not expect God to be completely coherent to us humans, a creature?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If God is infinite in being and we humans are finite, it is irrational to expect God to be completely coherent to us.

• 1 decade ago

There are things which can be understood the contradictions between a vain God who wants worship but is said to regard vanity as a sin and so should have left The Garden Of Eden with Adam and Eve as soon as they ate the apple. God could not be all powerfull or all knowledge able if God behaves like man supporting warfare and destruction of cities and said to support slavery and many other things. If God knew slavery and these things would occur or did witness them then God should have spoken out against them though a person could argue none would listen feeling they knew The will of God best. They also might have said God's voice was that of Satan trying to trick them though this would be odd. Were God in approval of slavery and other crimes then God would then lose the powers byThe rules of God as something should bind God and limit God to follow the rules. This would enable God to be tried for war crimes as it was said God supported them and even if God were notfound guilty still a person has to ask if God can be used as an excuse can God be used again. So as God was not tried and no one was able to make the charges stick and reject God then God continued to support crimes untill The 19th Century and beyond. A trial is possible for God even if it is too late for many it could be done now even if God is considered imaginary God is still required to face a court. The evidence The Old Testement,The Bible, History,The Qu'ran and other books.

Source(s): The Old Testement , The Bible, History American West, Mediavael History.
  • SDW
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You lost me somewhere in there, but if I get the gist of the question, then I would say that our ability to comprehend the true nature of God is directly proportionate to the nature of God itself.

If the Buddhists, Hindus, New Agers, etc... have it right, then God is just the combined consciousness of the universe. That should be easy enough to understand; anyone who's ever had a brainstorm with half a dozen other people has dealt with this perspective on at least a small scale.

Polytheistic religions, such as Taoism and ancient Greek / Roman / Viking beliefs have multiple gods each with unique characteristics. Having special 'powers' suggests special limitations as well, so we are considerably more capable of understanding them in their finiteness.

The monotheistic Abrahamic God is another story, however. Nothing could stand at par with that God. He is all-knowing, all-powerful, etc... If anyone were to be his equal, he would not be God.

And also consider you are asking the question in human terms. There is no knowing what kind of comprehension we will have in a potential afterlife.

• 1 decade ago

Greetings,

Read the Bible to know God.

Human Mind cannot understand Gods ways.

Galatians 5:16-26.

Peace Be With you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I believe in a god of unconditional love that created our souls with free will (not humans) in his likeness. many souls could not bear to leave fathers side for the loss of love. many souls went out and returned to share their adventures. Some souls rebeled wanted to be a god themselves. This place (earth system) WAS CREATED FOR THE SOUL TO MAKE ITS FINAL CHOICE. Do they really want to be a "little God and live in dominion=lordship over others. or return to father of love/fellowship/joy/sharing/ab... bliss.

What if heaven and hell are exactly the same except for one difference? What ever you picture in your head heaven to be, imagine hell to be the same except for one difference. Everything you can do in heaven you can do in hell except for one difference. The difference is love or dominion. If you choose love you are in heaven, you are sharing love/joy/fellowship, absolute bliss in all you do.

If you choose dominion you are in hell, everyone will be dominion bent, acting without regard to anything but personal pleasure, personal gain, exercising power over others. Everyman for himself in all that is done. Everything else is the same.

Now which path do/will you choose? LOVE or DOMINION

Need more info: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jbonner/...

P.S. Doesn't hell feel a lot like earth?

• jeni
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I never cease to be amazed that the created seem to think they are more intelligent than the creator.

1000 religions makes it clear about the created.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ARCHBISHOP FULTON SHEEN SAID THAT AT ONE TIME ON THE CROSS, LORD JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD TOOK THE SINS OF ATHEIST AND OTHER SINS. LORD JESUS ASK GOD...WHY HAVE YOU LEFT ME...DO YOU REMEMBER THAT I AM YOUR ONLY SON? AFTER HEARING ARCHBISHOP TALK ON JESUS AND HOW HE TOOK ALL THE SINS AND PAINS OF MANKIND ON HIS HEAD AND CAN STILL ASK GOD TO FORGIVE THE JEWS AND ROMAN SOLDIERS? COME TO THINK OF IT, THERE ARE TWO THINGS NAMELY GOD AND SATAN.

YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE ONE OF THEM. THIS IS YOUR FUTURE LIFE.

Source(s): http://www.bishopsheen.excerptsofinri.com/ 17. HUMANITY OF CHRIST
  • 1 decade ago

faith, my friend is the key. i dont need to worry about every little thing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know there is no god.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.