I want to get a job working for the post office, but I have a few questions...?

I applied to take the the exam and I ordered some study guides online (have not received yet). I plan to study hard and I would like to add, I'm a very bright individual and I don't think I will have a problem with the exam as long as I study (hopefully!!) What I need to know is...

After you apply for the exam, how long after the closing date will the test be given? How and when do you get your test results? If you are called for an interview, does that usually mean you got the job or really close to getting it? Also, I would like to mention, my license has been suspended before, but I do have a license now. My driving record is safe (license suspended for failure to pay ticket- ticket was for failure to show license and failure to stop at stop sign). Will this affect my chances? Lastly, I understand it takes a while to get a call if at all, but there is a brand new HUGE post office opening down the stre

Favorite Answer

Reading your question I have one major concern...your driving record. If you plan to be hired as a carrier you must have a clean driving record for, I believe, the last 5 years. You may have great difficulty getting a carrier job with this record.

By the way, buying study guides are a large waste of money.