Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Do you take off your shoes when you enter your home?

I certainly do, an Asian habit.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

All the time. My flip flops (if I am not in bare feet to begin with) come off at the door. It has been that way since I was a kid, shoes and socks, or just flip flops come off before I enter the house. Bare feet always inside my home.

• XP
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Shoes off, without a doubt. I'm not Asian, but I agree that being shoeless is a habit. If I wore shoes in the house, it would feel weird. I leave my shoes out in the hallway and enter my apartment in just socks.

• sutra
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Not usually. I am more comfortable with shoes on. I might slip them off if I am going to curl up on the sofa but other wise I leave them on. I make sure my shoes are clean before I come in the house and I have all hardwood floors so I am not worried about carpeting.

• 1 decade ago

I don't because I wear orthotic supports and they start hurting before long if I take off my shoes and walk around. I'm sure people think it's rude in their homes, but I explain it to them if they ask. If it's a big deal I just take them off and deal with the pain.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. Then wear my slippers inside the house.

• 1 decade ago

yes, here in hawaii its rare that you would keep your shoes on... iv even gone to school bare foot or to the movies or mall

• 1 decade ago

yes..culture n living habits

• 1 decade ago

i don't usually right away. i keep them on until i feel like taking them off. which is usually after i sit down in my chair for about twenty minutes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

in indonesia, yes.

in germany right now, no...but i supposed toclean it on the mat before i enter the house.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, but more to do with preserving the carpets than anything else :-)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.