Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Do you take off your shoes when you enter your home?

I certainly do, an Asian habit.

Favorite Answer

All the time. My flip flops (if I am not in bare feet to begin with) come off at the door. It has been that way since I was a kid, shoes and socks, or just flip flops come off before I enter the house. Bare feet always inside my home.

• XP

Shoes off, without a doubt. I'm not Asian, but I agree that being shoeless is a habit. If I wore shoes in the house, it would feel weird. I leave my shoes out in the hallway and enter my apartment in just socks.

• sutra

Not usually. I am more comfortable with shoes on. I might slip them off if I am going to curl up on the sofa but other wise I leave them on. I make sure my shoes are clean before I come in the house and I have all hardwood floors so I am not worried about carpeting.

I don't because I wear orthotic supports and they start hurting before long if I take off my shoes and walk around. I'm sure people think it's rude in their homes, but I explain it to them if they ask. If it's a big deal I just take them off and deal with the pain.

Yes. Then wear my slippers inside the house.

yes, here in hawaii its rare that you would keep your shoes on... iv even gone to school bare foot or to the movies or mall

yes..culture n living habits

i don't usually right away. i keep them on until i feel like taking them off. which is usually after i sit down in my chair for about twenty minutes.

in indonesia, yes.

in germany right now, no...but i supposed toclean it on the mat before i enter the house.

Yes, but more to do with preserving the carpets than anything else :-)