How do you feel about open relationships?

I have two friends who are in open relationships with their partners, one is married the other is lesbian. Both of their partners are ok with this and will even sleep with other people themselves, when I asked them how they can let it happen they said that 'it's just sex, as long as they don't fall in love it doesn't matter' Could you be in an open relationship? Are you in one already? I couldn't stand the thought of my husband sleeping with another woman just the same as I am disgusted to think of myself having a one night stand with a stranger 'just for sex' I'm really not a casual sex person hahaha Anyway what do you think?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Jai
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't go for that!!!!!!!

• 1 decade ago

I agree with you. But if I feel comfortable with my partner, I wouldn't mind. As long as I can do the same [responsibly of course] I would have no thought about it. I have never been in an open relationship before so honestly I wouldn't know how it would affect me. Specially because I've never really had sex for the sake of sex until recently and it's [even as a man] a bit dificult to detach emotions from the whole thing. It wasn't that bad detaching myself though I wouldn't know how it would be with another partner.

• 1 decade ago

I would not go for a casual sex, I will have sex for a person that I have a strong feelings of love. I would rather be a high class hooker than sl*t in an open relationships, that is like life of an animals.

• 1 decade ago

i think that there not truly in love with each other and don't have time to worry about the other person in the relationship so they keep them happy by letting them sleep around. bottom line it not a relationship there just fu@k Buddy's

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I would never agree to that, but as long as both people in an open relationship are ok with it then it's fine, it's their lives.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think if both people in the relationship agree and know the consequences ( STDS, pregnancy, falling in love with someone else ) then its fine...but its definitely not for me

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not my cup of tea.....I'm not good at sharing my man for sex purposes...nor would I want to be with someone who sleeps around ...the thought of diseases alone makes me grossed out....not even talking about the moral side of it...

• 1 decade ago

i totally agree with you! i couldn't do it either, but at the same time to each his own!

• Katie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

i couldn't do it either but for other people it's up to them

• 1 decade ago

i'm not for that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.