I'm thinking about kicking this guy to the curb...?

We're friends. He tells me to tell himif something teriffic happens...so I was doing that. I got 160 hits on my music on myspace in three days and that is the most I got so far!

He swears he said "That's nice!"

I say he grunted like a caveman!

He throws out mixed signals...Earlier today he did stop by my work area to say hello. But when he was about to leave for the day, I was going to lunch. I wanted to tell him how excited I was. And his inner caveman came out.

So am I overreacting or has he behaved pitifully?

Favorite Answer

He has something on his mind that he does not want to talk about. the grunt is often a response we give out when we are thinking about stuff. we make a sound to acknowledge that we heard you. but at this point in time we are processing other things. There is also the possibility that some of the stuff you are telling him is (in his mind) trivial. now I have never used or even seen myspace. I know my youngest daughter has some friends who use it. I do not permit her to have a log on or account on myspace. so to me, if you came up and told me about all the hits you had on my space I would most likely respond the same way. It doesn't matter to me. Now I am also not in a relationship with you so I just don't care. he may feel like this is no big deal or you may have misunderstood what he meant when he said Something terrific. Us men are funny that way. but I would spend a little more time talking with him and seeing what’s on his mind. (Don't pester him about it or nag him. just simply ask, what's on your mind. When he grunts, after you have told him something, big him a big hug, a kiss on the cheek and say, Thank you soo much for listening too me. Then let him continue on his way. After a while he's going to start to pay attention to you and see that what you are saying to him matters too you. that should be enough. I hate it when I have something really exciting to say to people and people brush it off like it was nothing. It's the most crushing feeling. Us men need training when it comes to others feelings, and doing something as simple as a hug, a kiss and a comment of "thank you for listening" helps train our caveman minds. I hope this helps, take care.

guys are weird, but don't take it personally...give it some time, if he does the caveman thing next time you tell him something exciting, you may want to rethink sharing anything with him

You arev over reacting...

Ask him to have dinner with you and talk things through...You cant just run away because you dont understand him!

Go for it.