I have 2 days left to raise money for our church. have done bake sales, lunch plates.Any ideas for big money?

At our church we have a celebration called the Fiestas Patrias. Girls from our church come forward to run for queen. It is a competition . Whomever raises the most money wins. We have a competitor and her group who have been vicious( too long a story). I have done bake sales, car washes, tamales, plate luncheons, which bring in the most money. Any new ideas to bring in around $500.00 We only have 2 days left....

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Have your group volunteer their time to do chores for people. The person would buy your services for x amount of hours for say $10 per hour. In return, you and your friends would do things like wash windows, mow the lawn, shop for groceries, etc. This really hits the spot with the older folks in the church cause they can't do a lot of the stuff for themselves and are often neglected by their own kids/grandkids.

You could get on the phone and call all the church members, explain what you're doing and see if anyone wants to buy your time. Most churches have a directory with all the members phone numbers. If not, your church office can probably help.

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

We have a fund raiser for our church for Easter and Christmas, we print up a bunch of raffle tickets for a 50/50 raffle and sell them for a dollar each. Then on a set date, we throw them all in a bin, mix them up and draw out a name, whomever we pick, gets half of the money we bring in. A few years ago we drew this guys name, and when we notified him, he was nice enough to donate his winnings back to the church. We usually have a few people go door to door and a few people sit outside the mall or at a large store and office buildings. Its amazing how many people will go for it if its for a good cause, like church events. We usually bring in several hundred dollars that we use to buy Easter baskets and Christmas presents for neighborhood kids and sometimes have enough to buy some turkeys and hams and all the fixings for holiday dinners for the neighborhood. Good Luck and God be with you...

• 1 decade ago

Have a garage Sale

Source(s): Brain
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

wow it seems Jesus needs to come in an cleanse the Temple. Pray, that you are doing the will of the father and not the flesh

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Ask a big company to be a sponsor in return for advertising

• 1 decade ago

I think a garage sale would be great, You can get things donated, and then use them. I think that would work.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

bikini car wash for jesus?

• 1 decade ago

big BBQ!

& car wash!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.