Red Hot Chili Peppers Fans: John Frusciante and Chad Smith or Hilel Slovak and Jack Irons?

I haven't much of RHCP's older works, so I wanna see opinions from major fans.

Frusciante is probably the better guitarist, but I'm assuming Slovak kept the heavy, funkier feel to the music, as did Kiedis during that time. Then Frusciante came in and at first mixed funk with rock, but then his influence pushed away that funky feel to their music, and then made it more melodic. That's not a bad thing, but it's a drastic change. Californication, By The Way, and Stadium Arcadium had very few funk-influenced songs.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

My favorite Red Hot Chili Peppers album would have to be their first album with Hilel Slovak and Jack Irons. I own the album but I'm not home and forget the title. If you can pick it up get it. All the Chili Pepper albums are very good. John Frusciante and Chad Smith are excellent performers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

John Frusciante and Chad Smith.

• 3 years ago

RHCP had their satisfactory time with John Frusciante for definite, however I dont like him solo and I nonetheless revel in RHCP's new albums. Although no longer up to their older paintings BA Not relatively a listener, cant say I have a favorite album. BA2: Slane Castle (its a reside album, however so notable)

• 1 decade ago

Well, yes, i suppose you're right. I think that John is not the only one who brought changes in their music. They decided to do that after some bad things that happened in their lives. We can see that especially in By The Way album.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.