I just got a ticket for having an expired MUNI transfer. How much is it approximately?

On Tuesday, I went on the M-train from SF State to Powell Station. I went on, no big deal. But at the station, there were cops checking transfers. My transfer was 2 hours EXPIRED. It looked short like an extremely short transfer, so they took a second look. Of course, they write me a citation. Now it'll appear on my license because it's an infraction, not a misdemeanor.

I live with my parents, and my mom will get so angry at me if/when she finds out. I know of the courtesy mail they send you. I'm about to get the job I applied for, so I could totally pay for it. Is there any way she would not find out? How much is it, approximately?

Favorite Answer

Aw man...THAT SUCKS!!!

It's strange that your citation didn't list the assessed fee. Try going to this site

http://www.sftc.org/browser_pages/Traffic/citation...

and entering your citation number (it's listed on the front of the citation, at the bottom center, and begins with the capital letter "M").

Generally, you should allow 3 weeks from the day you were issued the ticket before contacting the court. This will ensure that they have received the citation and entered it into the computer.

I don't know what the exact fees are, but according to the MUNI website:

Traveling on Proof of Payment (POP) vehicles or being inside the paid area of a subway station without a valid POP, or supplying false information to a Fare Inspector, may result in fines of up to $500. Supplying false information to a Fare Inspector may also result in jail time. Failing to pay your fine may lead to an additional assessment of $250. Amounts are subject to change without notice from Muni.

What are the penalties for not having Proof of Payment?

* Muni Fare Inspectors may ask you for Proof of Payment on board any POP line, or in the paid area of Muni Metro subway stations between the Embarcadero and West Portal stations.

* Traveling without a valid Proof of Payment or supplying false information to a Fare Inspector, may result in fines of up to $500.

* Supplying false information to a Fare Inspector may also result in jail time.

* There will also be an additional assessment of $250 if you fail to pay your fine or fail to show up for scheduled court appearances.

* These amounts are subject to change without notice.

* This policy is authorized under San Francisco Traffic Code section 127.

Muni Ticket

Commuters who are found to be evading fares can be issued a citation of $76 for a first offense, $150 for a second offense, and $211 for a third offense.

You need to go down to the Courthouse and go to the traffic clerk and pay it or ask to see the jduge to see if you can do some communiy service.

Traffic Division, Hall of Justice, 850 Bryant Street, Room 145

(between 6th and 7th Streets), San Francisco, CA 94103, (415) 553-9400, Open to the public from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Mondays through Friday (except legal holidays)

• Lynda

If it's your first infraction, go to court and respectfully argue your case to see if you can get it thrown out, reduced, do public service (like people do with traffic tickets) and work it off. It's your first time, you are sorry, it'll never happen again and you are just a student and can't afford it.

You are being initiated into the adult world. Just take responsibility and you will learn how to handle it. Don't be afraid. That kind of thing happens to older and more experienced people who should know better, too. Good luck.

the respond in shot is confident,yet. they desire some style of evedence as evidence so until eventually the cop to a image of your tag exhibiting its expired then no. yet we could say certainly one of those roadside or bridge site visitors cams gets yer automobile for rushing or working a crimson or in spite of the fact that in the event that they knowtice the expired tags they are going to upload that high-quality to the rushing or in spite of the fact that. purely as a cop desires to stop you and inform you which you're rushing previously issueing you a cost tag, so follows the expired tag concern. they might might desire to tug you over to quote you.

According to MUNI website, if you don't have a valid proof of payment or transfer, the fine is up to $500

There's no way this is going to go on your driver's license.

The fine can be up to $500; I doubt that yours will be that much, since it's your first time and not an egregious fare evasion.

I was born in san mateo county, california

$$$$500$$$$ sounds fun...... i had to pay one three years ago it sucked