could drinking too much soda cause a pregancy test to come out wrong?

Update:

also what about having sex the night before i take a test( what will make a test come out wrong?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope!

• 1 decade ago

No, It Can't.

The Test Looks For hCG (A Hormone) & Soda Doesn't Have hCG.

& No, Having Sex The Night Before Also Wouldn't Make It Come Out Wrong, Their 99% Right.

The Best Test Is From A Dr. & Is A Blood Test.

You Are Most Likely Going To Have A Baby, As Almost Nothing But An Unborn Human Makes It At The Levels The Test Would Pick Up.

hCG, Which Stands For "Human" Chorionic Gonadotropin.

So What Ever Made The hCG Is Human.

• 1 decade ago

generally no, however, if you have drank excessive, and this is early in pregnancy, and you are not using the first urine of the day, the results may be inaccurate, due to the urine being diluted. if this was after a night of drinking soda, or water for that matter and in the morning no.

Source(s): rn.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

honestly, my first wife drank so much of something that she did a test that gave a false negative, but i don't think anything can cause a false positive. just do another one some other time when you haven't been slamming the sodas.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

well you may have drank too much of the soda and the hcg hormone may have not been diluted enough in your urine..try retesting early in the morning with your first urine without drinking anything before you test

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no, it does not effect the hormone that is detected from a pregnant women on the test. I can't remember the hormones name it starts with an h.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only thing a test reads is the amount of HcG in your urine. Very few medications even alter this result nowadays.

• 1 decade ago

No. The pregnancy hormone is what the test checks, and ignores anything else.

• 1 decade ago

Nope, it's a hormone thing, and not a caffiene thing or a "day after sex" thing... alllllll hormonal

• 1 decade ago

my god, where did you hear that?! No, drinking soda cannot make you show up pregnant. Though it is really bad for your teeth

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.