Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 decade ago

Which is a stronger pain medication?? oxycontin or percocet??

20mg of oxycontin

or

7.5mg of percocet

which will give stronger and more intense effects and more pain releif? i DO NOT abuse these drugs, i am ALLERGIC. im asking because alot of people get high of these pills. and i was wondering which medication at those doses given is more powerful?

i know oxycontin has the time release coating. but lets say one person took the percocet (7.5mg) and one person took the oxycontin (20mg).

who would be higher?

• IRSTAS
    Favorite Answer

Oxy's are the best!!!

Oxycontin is a time released morphine. Doctors kind of prescribe this when the patient has used and built up a tolerance to everything else. Percs are kind of like 2nd in the line up. They are only a step above vicoden. Oxycontin is strong stuff and really addictive and pretty much only given to people who are going to be in pain for a REALLY long time or for the rest of their lives.

Oxycontin is similar to morphine as a painkiller, therefore it is stronger than percocet. Both addictive and should only be used as prescribed by a doctor for severe pain..don`t go there if thats what u have in mind.

• The person tha took the 20 mg oxycontin. They are stronger than a 7.5

• :]

I was prescibed percoet when i lost my child to a miscarriage and i tell you what it really got me high. i took it a couple of weeks ago and had an allergic reaction. My guess is it just depends on the dosage and duh of course whats in it. but i say percocet is way stronger

Survey says.....

oxycontin!

No way to tell who would be "higher" and YOU used that word, not me. If you are messing with narcotics to get high>>>>you are only on the road to HELL! If you have to ask this question, you are messing with things that you are clueless about. Find a different outlet for your "highs" or they'll soon all be "lows".

Source(s): ER RN

oxycontin

oxy's stronger , dont use these drugs though, there bad, very addictive