skunk pie asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

How can I deal with my mood swings?

I'm in my twenties and nearly every month for at least a week I get very depressed, think about suicide, truly believe I've never been happy in my life (which is odd because the mood is so short lived) and experience mad anxiety sometimes even strange thinking and paranoia due to my hormonal cycle (and perhaps other problems). I'm prone to episodes of depression as well that do last months at a time and I've been on meds for and let me tell you the PMS doesn't help, but am not currently. This has been going on since I started my period and was much much worse as a teenager. Although I do recall months of depression prior to puberty when I was about 7 or 8 years old. (my mother said I was attention seeking)

Great really, my only support is my partner who has to deal with my mood swings and anxiety issues too which isn't really fair to him. I'm not in the position to take medication at this time, so what are some ways to deal with my mood this week and remind myself to wait it out.

I don't want to depend on my partner so much!

Favorite Answer

Homeopathic Remedies for Anxiety / Panic Attacks / Stress / Depression(Bereavment) / Mood Swings :-

ANXIETY / PANIC ATTACKS & STRESS :-

Sudden with restlessness and fear of death, Panic Attacks, Aconite 30X or 200X,1/2 hourly (3 Doses)

Prolonged with periodic and panic attacks Arsenic Alb.200X, 4 hourly (3 Doses)

With fainting spells; profuse sweating; worse in the morning Sulphur 30X or 200X 3 hourly (3 Doses)

Makes patient walk fast; due to anticipation Argentum Nit 200X, 3 hourly (3 Doses)

Worse lying in bed and closing the eyes Carbo Veg 30X or 200X, 4 hourly (6 Doses)

Anxiety aggravated by upward or downward motion; going in an elevator; worse till 11 P.M, Borax 200X or 1M, 3 hourly (3 Doses)

Anxious about business even when seriously ill Bryonia Alba 200X 3 hourly (3 Doses)

Full of apprehensions in the evening Causticum 200X, 3 hourly (3 Doses)

Anxiety and fears in the evening with restlessness and palpitation Calcarea Carb.200X or 1M, 3 hourly (3 Doses)

Anxiety worse while lying still. Sad music ameliorates the complaints Manganum Acet 200X 3 hourly (3 Doses)

Anxiety due to fright, fear,exciting news; stage fright; worse while appearing for examination or interview etc Gelsemium 30X or 200X 3 hourly (6 Doses)

Mood Swings, Anxiety due to grief or shock in the subconscious mind Ignatia 200X or 1M, 3 hourly (3 Doses)

Anxiety; better after eating Anacardium Or 30X, 4 hourly.

DEPRESSION & GRIEF(Bereavement) :-

Severe shock due to sudden death of loved ones; restlessness, anxiety and fear Aconite 200X. 10 min (3 Doses)

Prolonged mournings; cannot overcome the loss of loved ones and/or Mood Swings. Ignatia 1M or 10M, 6 hourly (3 Doses)

When the grief is in the conscious mind; patient weeps; does not like sympathy Natrum Mur.200X or 1M, 6 hourly (3 Doses)

For chronic grief and indignation Staphysagria 200X or 1M, weekly (3 Doses)

Depression with suicidal thoughts feeling of worthlessness, Aurum Met 30X, three times a day half hour before meals.

Take the remedy which is similar to your symptoms. No side effects or complications if taken as directed, please do not exceed the given dosage and under any circumstances do not try to mix any remedies and avoid Chocolates, Mints, Coffee, Red Meat, Alcoholic and Carbonated drinks, Spicy Rich Food while taking any Homeopathic remedies, and keep the medicines away from direct sunlight, heat strong smells and perfumes and do not store them in the fridge.

Curing without any side effects or Complications Thats the Beauty of Homeopathic Medicine (Cures Par Excellence)

Take Care and God Bless You !

Source(s): Homeopathic Practitioner

Eat healthy, exercise, etc. When you are ready, go see a psychiatrist. They are the MDs who specialize in mood disorder meds, and are much more apt to get you hooked up with the right medication. I don't jump to recommending meds, but what you describe sounds very much like a biological issue.

I think that you should seek medical attention as soon as possible with having sucidal thoughts like that is not healthy

maybe they need to put you on some anti-depression meds and or some counciling to help with possible past issues?

Maybe you have a hormonal imbalance.

Its really important that you speak to your family doctor not only for your health but for your husbands sake too.

Take care

Source(s): I am a RN

Go to www.DailyStrength.org It's a free, people-to-people website for health & mental health issues. People will talk to you in e-mails, or chat online, 24/7 & are very understanding & supportive.

Once you can afford it, I'd recommend therapy and/or a psychiatrist for appropriate medication, if needed. In the mean time, try the website!!

Of course, if you have family or friends you can visit & chat with & talk to, or a church group, make use of them, too!!

Source(s): I use the website & find it quite helpful.

u need to develop a positive view of life and social issues. it is the way of looking at things that affects our mood. when a glass is empty one person may feel that it is half empty and feel depressed for that. another person may feel happy that the glass is half full. we all have many desires and passions which if unfulfilled lead to depression. we should take life as a game and try to play our best without feeling too happy on victory and two sad on losing. as regards physical health conditions causing depression it is necessary to consult a physician.

Eating healthy is a big part of mood swings. If your eating healthy it might be natural problems in your home or what your experiencing in the outside world.

~Emotions