New job & dental appointment?

I'm going to my final interview in two days, but the problem is, I have a dentists' appointment already scheduled on one of the days that I said I'll probably be free for work. The thing is, my dentist told me that there might be some swelling for a few days so he advised me to get lots of rest and such, and stay at home if I can because I might need to take some medicine. If I tell my potential employer about this, is there a chance that this might affect my getting hired? When should I tell him about this? After I'm sure that I'm hired and we're working out my work schedule?

Also, I can't reschedule it because he wants to do the work on my teeth soon and he's fully booked on all the other days that I'm free.

The dental work is on a friday afternoon actually. And when she asked during the first interview, I had said that I was free on friday afternoon and evenings, as well as on the weekends.

• TedEx
    Favorite Answer

Next time you see or talk to them, tell them about your appt.Just tell them you had this scheduled before your jobprospects came up and it would be difficult to resachedule it.

it may cause a minor problem, but one which they could certainly deal with.

Trust me, you're not the first in this situation and you won;t be the last.

• gma

I think most people say something after they are hired. However, I would definitely reschedule the work for a Friday and have the weekend to recuperate.