Vegas♠Bound asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Which breed of cats have striping similar to a tiger's?

Favorite Answer

Tabby is not a breed, it is a color pattern. There are Mackerel Tabbies, Classic Tabbies and Ticked Tabbies. My favorite is the Classic. They have "bracelets" around their legs, "necklaces" around their necks and "buttons" on their bellies. Mackerel tabbies have stripes like the bones of a fish and ticked tabbies have faint stripes on their heads in the "M" pattern and may have faint stripes on their front legs but mostly the hairs are different colored on the tips. I think the Tiger is unique and since it's a wild animal we admire it from afar. Better than becoming lunch.

the tabby also a lot of the ordinary mixed breed are striped

i don't know what breed but it is some popular breed. my cat has tiger stripes all over , so i named it tiger!!!

This breed is called the Toyger. They are currently only recognised by TICA and are only bred in USA, UK and Australia. They are still a rare breed, but are very beautiful indeed.

The Bengal breed is likely the one you are looking for, google it for a picture. The ocelot has spots like a cheetah too.

all cats are related to tigers. FELINES Who would have guessed????? BUT WAIT!!!!! A leopard has spots but a puma not!!!!!!!! DEAR GOD,.What was I thinking????????? Search the Hundred Acre Woods,

• Tasha

I think it's the Tabby cat.