When you pierce your earlobes, what kind of earrings are u allowed to wear during the entire healing period?

I understand that you're supposed to wear only one pair of earrings while your "hole" is still fresh. But what should it be like? What is the most suitable if i were to go for prom with it?

Favorite Answer

As someone who has suffered from two incredibly horrific ear infections from peircings, I only recommend pure metals! Gold and silver/sterling silver.

Nickel caused my first ear infection. When you get your peircing done, I'm pretty sure the peircer will only allow studs, unfortunately! So get them done asap and you might be able to wear different earrings to your formal (prom!)

If you have to wear studs to your prom, wear a more extravagant necklace, it's either one or the other!

Good luck :)

I have 6 holes in one ear, 5 in the other. My best advice to you would be to wear only sterling silver or gold stud earrings, no hoops (your holes will heal with a curve) or anything thats only silver or gold plated. The nickel or copper in the earrings might bother your new piercings. I also recommend bottled/purified water and bacitracin ointment to keep them clean, in lieu of hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol.

It depends on how far away your prom is. I had my ears pierced when I was younger, and because I changed earrings three times in that period, they got infected and I had to let them close up before I had them re-done. The best method is to wear earrings with metal of a high quality. Buying them from a cheapie shop with crap metal is pointless and painless. Keep your ears clean and don't play with them too much.

• mama3

You can only wear Studs until they heal.

Wear gold!

I wore rings(hoops) as it's easier to turn.Any earing is fine as long as you keep it clean and disinfected...

Good luck,let us know how it went...

maybe simple studs. of any color but nothing heavy or too fancy. good luck!