What kind of secondary effects have you had with Prozac?

I'm a first time Mom.. and I was prescribed with Prozac for Postpartum Depression.. Recently I had to increase dosage, and I feel like weakness, and nausea 1 to 2 hrs after I take the capsules.. Have somebody feelt like me? or it's only that I'm feeling nervous? What are your seconday effects taking Prozac?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Definitely sounds related. My big problem with Prozac was major loss of libido! Those are side effects of Prozac.

Side effects: (most of these fall under the extremely rare but possible category)

Nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, anxiety, trouble sleeping, loss of appetite, weakness, tiredness, sweating, or yawning may occur. unusual or severe mental/mood changes (e.g., agitation, unusual high energy/excitement, thoughts of suicide), uncontrolled movements (e.g., of the lips/tongue), shakiness (tremor), restlessness, inability to keep still, decreased interest in sex, changes in sexual ability, blurred vision, numbness/tingling. bloody/black/tarry stools, vomit that looks like coffee grounds, easy bruising/bleeding, fainting, fast/irregular heartbeat, muscle weakness/spasm, seizures, change in amount of urine. hallucinations, unusual restlessness, loss of coordination, fast heartbeat, severe dizziness, unexplained fever, severe nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, twitchy muscles.

A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

Source(s): http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-6997-Prozac+Oral.a... I have a BA in Psychology...am not a liscensed psycologist.
  • 1 decade ago

I had a friend who had the same thing happen..she was switched to a different brand

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.