How can citizens of the USA who have never traveled beyond borders know how to Vote on the war?

I think it is really depressing that we have such an important election coming up next year and we are so ignorant about the Middle East.

Every time someone tries to "educate" us about the Middle East it comes with a big package of bias, opinions, commentary and hullabaloo...

We (as a nation) are not really informed enough to have human lives in our hands.

Favorite Answer

most americans dont know any middle eastern people

I dont have to travel to darfur to know there is a genocide going on. I didnt have to live during the 40's to know stopping Hitler was a really good idea. I dont have to be making a couple hundred grand to know its completely unfair to tax people making that much a 4 times as much as someone making less. And I dont have to move to the middle east to know that there are people, all of whom are coming from that section of the world, that have proclaimed that the US needs to be wiped off the planet and want us dead.

Bush gets briefed by generals and politicians and economists and geniuses on every subject all the time and yet it seems every democrat knows better than he does on pretty much every subject according to those dems that like to toot their own horns and bash on the president for being so stupid. There are situations where the experts do no more. So why is it when one of them gets on the air and tells us the facts of the situation in Iraq the dems get on the air and call him a liar before he even said a word.

Neither have the people against the war because either they know 1. The Iraqi insurgents will kill them because they hate. or 2. The Iraqis who support the US will kill them. No double standards please.

Also it seems the last sentence is a copy of what Republicans talk about abortion. Maybe you guys would seem more credible when talking about another persons life in our hands when you guys stop insulting people who just died (i.e. Jerry Falwell[R.I.P]) or the unborn which you guys seem to like to torture.

• pgb

We can and we will.

And I have a sneaking suspicion you've traveled outside our borders to a British Commonwealth or Europe and ate up every anti-American talking point they fed to you.

Source(s): I met Americans like you in the UK.

I guess stop killing them might be a start.

Which is one of th emany reasons we need to get out of Iraq --now.

Because we can read.