Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 decade ago

can somebody(not parent or guardian) access school and ask for student's grade and information?

Favorite Answer

The only other person who can do that is you after you turn 18 or someone you designate as a legal representative with specific permission to access those records.

It depends on how old the student is, who is asking for the info, and what they want it for . The Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act sets forth who is allowed to see what info.

Source(s): FERPA info from the Department of Education: http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index...

They shouldn't be able to (unless they're the police or a social services agency). At my college I could even ask for them to not release my grades to my parents if I didn't want them to.

Absolutely not.

Privacy policies protect the child's info.

you or your parents should have filled out a release at school and actually indicated who and who can't access your info.

That wouldn't surprise me, seeing that banks routinely betray people in this regard with one phone call from an attorney, or someone that impresses them.

Yes, you can change it too. I'm sorry to break this to you but you need FBI training first.

~Emotions

• Myst

no, that would be illegal.

Myst