Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 decade ago

can somebody(not parent or guardian) access school and ask for student's grade and information?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The only other person who can do that is you after you turn 18 or someone you designate as a legal representative with specific permission to access those records.

• 1 decade ago

It depends on how old the student is, who is asking for the info, and what they want it for . The Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act sets forth who is allowed to see what info.

Source(s): FERPA info from the Department of Education: http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index...
  • 1 decade ago

They shouldn't be able to (unless they're the police or a social services agency). At my college I could even ask for them to not release my grades to my parents if I didn't want them to.

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely not.

Privacy policies protect the child's info.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you or your parents should have filled out a release at school and actually indicated who and who can't access your info.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That wouldn't surprise me, seeing that banks routinely betray people in this regard with one phone call from an attorney, or someone that impresses them.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, you can change it too. I'm sorry to break this to you but you need FBI training first.

~Emotions

• Myst
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

no, that would be illegal.

Myst

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.