Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Different types of flirting?

How does friendly flirting and "relationship" flirting differ? How can a girl tell one from another? Guys: how does your flirting style differ in flirting with female friends or potential girlfriends?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is a little different because in a relationship, you already KNOW you're gonna get something good! When you're single and flirting, you are trying to get somewhere, so it's a different approach. Flirting with your own lover is a lot more confident and bold in my opinion. I think it's wrong to flirt with someone if you're in a committed relationship. Some say it's harmless but I disagree there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi, I don't think there is a difference between flirting with a friend and flirting with someone you are interested in. Flirting is just that - a way of showing interest and attraction. If some guy is flirting with you, it means he likes you more than just friends. If he's telling you he doesn't like you any more than a friend but all the while he continues to flirt with you, then he's giving you mixed messages and playing games with you. I hope this helps!

• 1 decade ago

To me, I like to flirt in my style, whether she is my friend or potential gf. But thing is that , there is significant difference in the expression. The wormth and the heartfulness differ with the same words.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's the same to be honest. We are testing the waters to see how you will react. If you don't react in a way we want than we do harmless flirting. If you respond than we try and get you to the house with 2 bottles of wine and a movie will never watch.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

freindly flirting... usually lots of words are exchanged

RELATIONSHIP flirting, very few words are exchanged, at least not as many as in friendly flirting. it is when a guy is quiet and shy around you when you know he likes you, and wants to respect you. its those little awkward glances when your eyes meet, and you dont know what to say. or when you just cant help but to smile when you look at one another..

thats the difference.

• 1 decade ago

That is a very good question! Well, sometimes you can not tell, and it is just in the guys head with whom is playing and with whom is interested, I guess the only system is to watch him when he chats whith extrelmy ugly girls, if he is flirting them, then here you go!

• 1 decade ago

Yes,

The styles are certainly different. With my girlfriends, it's more about making them feel good and pretty without being a total "chester the molester".

With a girl I would date, it's more about maintaining the intrigue, letting her know I'm definitely interested, without giving away too much.

Hope this helps!

• Dawna
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Subtle touching, light pushing, constantly doing things to make her laugh, telling her how cute or pretty she is, and the list goes on. If I like a girl and I'm comfortable around her, my thing is making her laugh and complimenting them. I never was one for the subtle touching though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

for me : if i call that person a darling or sweetheart or any other love words = friend

if not and i am kinda trying to choose my words so it doesn't have to do with any thing like loving craps = relationship flirting

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i like females friends.what your choiss?

Source(s): yes
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.