Will my tattoo effect my chances of being a cop?

I have a religious symbol on my forearm but when my arms are down by my sides it faces inward to the side of my body. Will it hurt my chances to be a cop?

Here's an image of the tattoo:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1041/1psmg6.gif

Oh and my beliefs will not effect my job in anyway. To boil my religion down, it's simply follows the rules of just helping yourself, helping your planet, and living a good and happy life.

• joe
    Favorite Answer

alright.

when you interview wear long sleeves and and a suit coat. they won't see it. after you are hired you will have to list all of your identifying marks, such as tats and scars. some departments prohibit visible tattoos, so you might be required to wear long sleeves year round, even in the hot summer months. that just depends on your department. but having it alone, won't affect you getting hired. they won't ask in your interview, nor would you have to answer.

Juvenile files are NOT sealed. I desire the ones uninformed is not going to positioned out matters which might be unfaithful. Your tattoo difficulty shall be via division. Some would possibly not rent you on account that of it, a few might required it's covers, a few would possibly not care. It simply is dependent. It will mostly disqualify you from the army. The least is will do is require a waiver. So, do what you'll and possess the penalties on your resolution. Good good fortune.

• Amy R

No, they aren't going to do a body search of you. My husband has 4 tattoos and is a wonderful, fair and honest cop for 8 years now. Of course we live in a state where tattoos are sorta the norm

• Josh

You will likely be asked to wear long sleeves while on duty, but most departments do not deny someone employment if the art is concealable.

Source(s): State Trooper

yes it will affect you for being a cop.but sometimes no because maybe on the rules and regulation of the school or in the municipal you want to apply with.but it is better to take away that tattoo to avoid inconvenience...

No several cops have tattoos.

Nobody wants religious extremists running around with guns and enforcing whatever laws their god tells them to.